Sam
@sam
12 years ago
169 posts

No, no, no ... not THOSE shrooms!Grin.gif

phil said:

Hmmm I have always been a bit supices of her when it comes to 'shrooms

--
The Dulcimer. If you want to preserve it, jam it!
phil
@phil
12 years ago
129 posts

Hmmm I have always been a bit supices of her when it comes to 'shrooms

Sam
Sam
@sam
12 years ago
169 posts

Now Phil, you know they ain't no surer way to taint a friendship than to cast dispersion on another man's houn' dog ... er ... how's yer wife at hand signals? Tongue.gif

--
phil
@phil
12 years ago
129 posts

Sam I trained my Ol' Black and tan Coon dog to sniff out. Try as he might he just never seen to find any.Then when I would bring him home he would not eat his supper.I got so worried about his not eating after hunting them I finely gave up taking him. I just could not stand to see him punishing himself for not finding not 'shrooms. Wait you don't think he may have been ...... Nah surely notGrin.gif

Sam
Sam
@sam
12 years ago
169 posts

... hmmm ... disaster is still a heck of a lot easier to spell than pisco ... er .. silobaby ... uh ... salmonita ......Frown.gif

--
Sam
Sam
@sam
12 years ago
169 posts

Robin in good years when there are lots of morels ... if you find more than you want for dinner, fry the rest just as if you were going to eat them and then let 'em cool and freeze 'em. Here, we like to shake 'em in flour and saute' in butter with a little salt and black pepper. If you prepare them that way, then freeze them in freezer bags they keep well for years (if you stay out of 'em). They won't taste like fresh, but in February .... THEY'RE GREAT!!!

Robin Thompson said:

3 dozen-- wow!
I looked Sunday but haven't looked today. Maybe I'd better get out tomorrow.

--
Sam
Sam
@sam
12 years ago
169 posts

Hey Phil ... maybe you could train up a morel sniffing pig like they do for truffels! Matter of fact, I work pretty cheap OINK OINK ... ate all those for dinner last night!

phil said:

the 'Shrooms are up here in Indiana too. Does me no good to go looking for'em I always seem to walk right past them. Was out by the lake this weekend and the cars where parked along side the road and the woods was filled with 'Shrooms hunter carrying there 'Shrooms hunting sicks.

--
Robin Thompson
Robin Thompson
@robin-thompson
12 years ago
1,433 posts
3 dozen-- wow!I looked Sunday but haven't looked today. Maybe I'd better get out tomorrow.
phil
@phil
12 years ago
129 posts

the 'Shrooms are up here in Indiana too. Does me no good to go looking for'em I always seem to walk right past them. Was out by the lake this weekend and the cars where parked along side the road and the woods was filled with 'Shrooms hunter carrying there 'Shrooms hunting sicks.

Sam
Sam
@sam
12 years ago
169 posts

Thanks Carrie ... great day out. Not to cool, not too hot. Just had some of the morels ... just as good as always. We've had warm weather early here this year. If it holds I hope to freeze a bunch of morels.

--
Sam
Sam
@sam
12 years ago
169 posts

Found 3 dozen today. My youngest son came by we had a terrific trail ride on our atv's back into the mountains shroomin'. Hard to believe that the forest we were in used to be plowed fields. Look at these 'stack rocks'. Used to do that as a boy to clear the rocks out for a 'new' ground.

--

updated by @sam: 01/13/19 05:09:18PM