6 years ago
356 posts

Thanks Lexie. You're right.

Lexie R Oakley
Lexie R Oakley
@lexie-r-oakley
6 years ago
248 posts

Beautiful dulcimer, I bet it has a sweet sound.

Susie
Susie
@susie
6 years ago
356 posts

Thanks Dusty! Yes, it sounds great.

Dusty Turtle
Dusty Turtle
@dusty-turtle
6 years ago
1,204 posts

It sure looks beautiful, Susie. And if it sounds half as nice as you say, you've got a real treasure there.

--
Dusty T., Northern California
Site Moderator

As a musician, you have to keep one foot back in the past and one foot forward into the future.
-- Dizzy Gillespie
Susie
Susie
@susie
6 years ago
356 posts
Thanks for the replies so far. I appreciate every one of them. You are so kind.
John Henry
John Henry
@john-henry
6 years ago
258 posts

Great looking instrument, I love the Walnut in that back !

JohnH

Robin Thompson
Robin Thompson
@robin-thompson
6 years ago
1,042 posts
Susie, your Berch is beautiful!Doug is a wonderful player, builder, and, most importantly, a wonderful person. I don't yet own one of Doug's instruments though I'd like to someday.

--
Robin T
one of the Moderators here :)
Keep a song in your heart!
Ron Larson2
Ron Larson2
@ron-larson2
6 years ago
9 posts

That is a very beautiful dulcimer Susie; a friend of mine has a three string Doug Berch that have a Sassafras top and walnut back but not a pickup, and I like the sound of his very much.

Susie
Susie
@susie
6 years ago
356 posts

614_forums.jpg?width=750

615_forums.jpg?width=750 I'm a few months late in posting this, but I'm in love with my new Doug Berch dulcimer. Doug is a wonderful luthier and a National Champion (won both the hammered dulcimer and mountain dulcimer competitions in the same year). He's one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet. Anyway, I had him build me a custom 3-string dulcimer and I got it in July. It is fabulous. A really nice, warm tone with great sustain and intonation. The sound this thing puts out is beautiful. It has a curly sassafras top and walnut back and sides, with sapwood and figure. It has a bubinga rosewood fretboard overlay and a passive pick-up installed. Everything I wanted and needed. The pictures don't do it justice, but I tried my best. I just wanted to share this, as you don't see too many of his dulcimers here, but the dulcimers he builds are outstanding.

updated by @susie: 06/11/15 07:42:13AM