8 years ago
244 posts

I wish..  I wish...  I wish....

Jan Potts
Jan Potts
@jan-potts
8 years ago
401 posts

Cindy, if you don't look like the head of a dulcimer, I won't recognize you....

--
Jan Potts, Lexington, KY
Site Moderator

"Use what talents you possess; the woods would be very silent if no birds sang there except those that sang best." Henry Van Dyke
whocindylou
@whocindylou
8 years ago
5 posts

Hi Jan! It was great meeting you at Dulcimer U.

Unicoi is up in the air for me as my limited Dulcimer budget has been pretty much ransacked between Dulcimer U and Black Mountain.

BUT, I reserve the right to blow the budget every now and then, and may just wind up in Unicoi.

I will definitely see you around.

Jan Potts
Jan Potts
@jan-potts
8 years ago
401 posts

whocindylou:

As a newbie dulcimer player, I didn't realize this is a first year festival. Kudos to the organizer for managing to pull this kind of talent; covering such a huge spectrum of personalities and musical styles, together for our benefit.

Me--I am loving that I get FOUR consecutive days playing the blues with Bing, singing and playing sweet Appalachian tunes with the lovely Sarah Morgan, finally getting a chance to learn to arrange my own songs with Tull--master of arrangers for the dulcimer, learning how to memorize and make the songs I love my own with the inimitable Erin Mae, and working on finessing my technique with Stephen Siefert.

Hey, Cindy!  This is a new time for gathering at Black Mountain, but a few years back many of us attended Dulcimerville, held there in the summer and headed up by Lois Hornbostel.  So it's not exactly brand new...these organizers really know the ropes, and, yes, the instructor lineup is phenomenal (I've had classes from almost all of them).  It doesn't fit into my fall schedule, or I would have considered going.

I know you'll have a LOT of fun!  And maybe I'll meet you down the road...Unicoi, perhaps?

--
Jan Potts, Lexington, KY
Site Moderator

"Use what talents you possess; the woods would be very silent if no birds sang there except those that sang best." Henry Van Dyke
whocindylou
@whocindylou
8 years ago
5 posts

i am not seeing much chatter on Black Mountain Music Festival.

I was hooked from the moment I saw that bold, audacious, completely mind-boggling lineup of talent, all in one place for four fabulous days!  OH, and the location just happens to be the gorgeous Blue Ridge mountains of North Carolina, in autumn's full majesty!

As a newbie dulcimer player, I didn't realize this is a first year festival. Kudos to the organizer for managing to pull this kind of talent; covering such a huge spectrum of personalities and musical styles, together for our benefit.

So, who else is heading to the festival? What are you most looking forward to???

Me--I am loving that I get FOUR consecutive days playing the blues with Bing, singing and playing sweet Appalachian tunes with the lovely Sarah Morgan, finally getting a chance to learn to arrange my own songs with Tull--master of arrangers for the dulcimer, learning how to memorize and make the songs I love my own with the inimitable Erin Mae, and working on finessing my technique with Stephen Siefert.

Yes siree, I know how to have some dulcimer fun! How about you?

updated by @whocindylou: 10/27/19 12:02:25PM