Nice combination,Bob!

Steven

Thanks Steven :-)

Ken Hulme
Ken Hulme
@ken-hulme
8 years ago
2,111 posts

I'll check those out, Bob!!  Thanx a bunch!

Bob
Bob
@bob
8 years ago
86 posts

Ken Hulme:

Twice I've been bass drummer for pipe bands  You learn a lot just hanging around with pipers...  I'd love to learn to play, but pipes aren't cheap and I'm on a Social Insecurity budget.   I play pennywhistle and the fingerings are similar.  I found a guy who has plans to make small pipes using PVC for the drones and a penny whistle for the chanter.  I might give that a try, and turn them into cauld wind pipes rather bag blown.

Hulme, have you checked out some of the piping sites (I like Dunsire bagpipe forum). There is a "for sale" section where you could get a set of used pipes for a very decent price (I have had such luck!)s well as Facebook Small Pipes groups.

Steven Berger
Steven Berger
@steven-berger
8 years ago
143 posts

Nice combination,Bob!

Steven

Ken Hulme
Ken Hulme
@ken-hulme
8 years ago
2,111 posts

Twice I've been bass drummer for pipe bands  You learn a lot just hanging around with pipers...  I'd love to learn to play, but pipes aren't cheap and I'm on a Social Insecurity budget.   I play pennywhistle and the fingerings are similar.  I found a guy who has plans to make small pipes using PVC for the drones and a penny whistle for the chanter.  I might give that a try, and turn them into cauld wind pipes rather bag blown.

Bob
Bob
@bob
8 years ago
86 posts

Lexie R Oakley:

Beautiful, I really enjoy the pipes. I am pleased that your loading of the video worked out for you.

Thanks Lexie. Learning how to navigate the site :) 

Bob
Bob
@bob
8 years ago
86 posts

Sheryl St. Clare:

I enjoyed your soundtrack, Bob. Loved the pipes. Great job!

Thanks Sheryl! Glad you enjoyed it!

Bob
Bob
@bob
8 years ago
86 posts

Ken Hulme:

Ah!   Now this I can see and hear.  Beautiful job -- both on the pipes and assembling the photos...   I really love the cauld wind pipes.  They're much more 'personal' than the GHB, and as quiet as Shuttle Pipes and other small pipes...

Thanks Ken. Sounds like you're familiar with various small pipes. I'm new at it- going on three years. 

Lexie R Oakley
Lexie R Oakley
@lexie-r-oakley
8 years ago
229 posts

Beautiful, I really enjoy the pipes. I am pleased that your loading of the video worked out for you.

Ken Hulme
Ken Hulme
@ken-hulme
8 years ago
2,111 posts

Ah!   Now this I can see and hear.  Beautiful job -- both on the pipes and assembling the photos...   I really love the cauld wind pipes.  They're much more 'personal' than the GHB, and as quiet as Shuttle Pipes and other small pipes...

updated by @ken-hulme: 11/25/16 06:46:25AM
Bob
Bob
@bob
8 years ago
86 posts

Here is another attempt to attach a video.

It is my Small Pipes and dulcimer, playing "My Dashing Darling" ( aka 'Will ye follow Charlie' )

Sheryl St. Clare
Sheryl St. Clare
@sheryl-st-clare
8 years ago
259 posts

I enjoyed your soundtrack, Bob. Loved the pipes. Great job!

Lexie R Oakley
Lexie R Oakley
@lexie-r-oakley
8 years ago
229 posts

Your link worked for me and I thought it sounded very good. Keep it coming and you'll get the videos to load right next time.

Bob
Bob
@bob
8 years ago
86 posts

Randy Adams:

I  sure like the sound you get here Bob. That's a heckava good tune 

Thanks Randy- Im glad the link worked!

Randy Adams
Randy Adams
@randy-adams
8 years ago
113 posts

I  sure like the sound you get here Bob. That's a heckava good tune 

Bob
Bob
@bob
8 years ago
86 posts

Ken Hulme:

Something is amiss with the recordings  They're jammed over to the side, and I can't seem to get them to play.  I've played dulcimer with a Small Pipes piper myself; and you're right -- the combination can be magical...

I dont know how to edit my post.. ugh.  Any suggestions?

Ken Hulme
Ken Hulme
@ken-hulme
8 years ago
2,111 posts

Something is amiss with the recordings  They're jammed over to the side, and I can't seem to get them to play.  I've played dulcimer with a Small Pipes piper myself; and you're right -- the combination can be magical...

Bob
Bob
@bob
8 years ago
86 posts

I have been learning the Scottish Small Pipes for about a year, and thought to make a recording of my piping and my Appalachian dulcimer together. The two seem to work nicely- hope you enjoy nod