8 years ago
53 posts

Thanks!  I will give that a try!

Dusty Turtle
Dusty Turtle
@dusty
8 years ago
1,727 posts

Yes, Paula, what Phil is explaining is that you should not screw the capo on to full tightness. Screw it only tight enough so that when you push the lever down it is really tight. Then it is set and you never have to set it again (unless you switch dulcimers). If you try to push the leverdown and you can't, then loosen the screw a little bit and try again.  Keep trying that until the capo is snug when you push the lever all the way down. 

--
Dusty T., Northern California
Site Moderator

As a musician, you have to keep one foot back in the past and one foot forward into the future.
-- Dizzy Gillespie
Phil Myers
Phil Myers
@phil-myers
8 years ago
28 posts

With the lever down loosen the nut on the end so it will fit on the fret board. Place on the fret board with the lever still down and tighten screw till it fits as needed. Then release lever to remove. It is now set.

Paula Brawdy
Paula Brawdy
@paula-brawdy
8 years ago
53 posts

I have a metal capo with the quick release handle...  My question is how do I set it?  when I put it on the dulcimer, I am never sure whether the metal lever that moves should be down when I set it , or up when I set it and then pushed down...  It seems hard to push down after the capo is screwed on the instrument, and I don't want to force it down for free of damaging the fretboard..  Hopefully I explained this well enough so you can understand what I am asking :)