7 years ago
2,113 posts

That five string should give you a rich mellow tone. Enjoy

JenniferC
JenniferC
@jenniferc
7 years ago
36 posts
Thank y'all both! The rest of my strings come in tomorrow, lol, I'm itching with excitement. The one string sounds great, ha, really nice tone.

I don't know what the heck I'm going to do with five strings, but it'll be fun, I'm sure!
Ken Hulme
Ken Hulme
@ken-hulme
7 years ago
2,113 posts

That's correct all the strings go over the top of the "tuner shafts".  Bob's diagram if which string goes to which peg is spot on!

Bob Reinsel
Bob Reinsel
@bob-reinsel
7 years ago
80 posts
I wind all of the strings over the top of the pegs.

--
Bob
Site Moderator

The greatest music is made for love, not for money -- Greg Lake
JenniferC
JenniferC
@jenniferc
7 years ago
36 posts
Thank you very much, Bob. Now, in the photo, the way he strung that one string under the previous peg...is that correct? It doesn't seem right to me? I thought they should go over the other pegs? I hope I'm making sense.
Bob Reinsel
Bob Reinsel
@bob-reinsel
7 years ago
80 posts

JenniferC:  Which string goes to what peg? Can anyone help me?

If you are right handed the lightest (thinnest) strings go on the left side pegs starting with the one closest to the nut.  Like this:

Top of Peghead

______ (NUT)

| | | | | 

--
Bob
Site Moderator

The greatest music is made for love, not for money -- Greg Lake
JenniferC
JenniferC
@jenniferc
7 years ago
36 posts
My new baby arrived today, and she's lovely! Unfortunately, the helpful man at the music store who helped pack it to ship to me, removed all of the old strings, put one new string on (he only had the one loop end available). He was also "kind" enough to glue down the floating bridge! Grrr.

Now I have no idea how to string this thing. Which string goes to what peg? Can anyone help me?

The glue on the floating peg was easy to unstick, fortunately.

Thanks for any help!

I was able to find a name and date inside. Unfortunately, I can't quite make out the name, but the date is 4-8-72.
20170125_142140.jpg
20170125_142140.jpg  •  82KB

20170125_142539.jpg
20170125_142539.jpg  •  1.7MB

updated by @jenniferc: 10/27/19 12:02:25PM