Duet Dulcimer Music?

5kwkdw3
@5kwkdw3
4 years ago
31 posts

Ken, thank you so much.  Go figure it was easy as Googling it!  That and all had Amazon links to boot.  There were two Lois Hornbostel's books via Amazon.  One listing her as author and  the other the same but following a "Mel Bay Presents".  Different covers as well.  I'm getting all three found on Amazon and I hope I don't get too many duplication's.  Although that's almost impossible to do in the music book arena.  Thanks again and I'm off to the races!  Kevin.

Ken Hulme
Ken Hulme
@ken-hulme
4 years ago
2,111 posts

Look on Lois Hornbostel's website, and on Mel Bay.  I've seen at least two "dulcimer duet" books.  In fact -- just ghoogle "dulcimer duets" and you'll find a ton of books, tabs and websites...

5kwkdw3
@5kwkdw3
4 years ago
31 posts

Howdy all again!  I hope it's correct to place this here for open discussion?  If you caught my previous recent posts, I'm trying for some tab to join my newest baritone dulcimer with other instruments and dulcimers in particular.  What I didn't realize was that since both my regular dulcimer and my baritone are 1-5-8 and in G (Dusty reminded me I could use the same music on the baritone), I don't really need a Dulcimer/Baritone duet book, but rather just a Dulcimer Duet book.  The main melody would be taken by the dulcimer while the background or harmony parts played with the baritone, just that it's an octave lower.  This would be ideal.  A simple dulcimer duet book.  I've noticed some tablature that does include a "second" part.  Sometimes on it's own staff, and others written on the same staff.  An example would be like tunes that have an echo part like the song "I'll Fly Away".  I'd sure be nice if that could be found in one book.  Any ideas?  Kevin.