Enter FOTMD's 5th Birthday Pickled Dulcimer CONTEST!

phil
@phil
10 years ago
129 posts

250 - Happy Birthday FOTMD! 36.gif 36.gif 36.gif

Shawn McCurdy
Shawn McCurdy
@shawn-mccurdy
10 years ago
12 posts

142. Happy Birthday FOTMD!

John Keane
John Keane
@john-keane
10 years ago
182 posts

Happy Birthday FOTMD, and a sincere thanks to Lisa for such a great place! Smile.gif

Patty from Virginia
Patty from Virginia
@patty-from-virginia
10 years ago
231 posts

302. Happy Birthday FOTMD and Congratulations Lisa!!!

Sam Searls
Sam Searls
@sam-searls
10 years ago
4 posts

342 Happy Birthday FOTMD

Dan Goad
Dan Goad
@dan-goad
10 years ago
155 posts

295. Wow, Strumelia, your baby is growing up.

Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
10 years ago
2,253 posts

Guess the secret number and enter

FOTMD's 5th Anniversary

Pickled Dulcimer CONTEST!!

FOTMD is 5 years old!

================================================================

The contest is now CLOSED ...

In honor of the fast approaching day of FOTMD's 5th birthday , July 29 2014...

All members are invited to participate in

FOTMD's 5th birthday Pickled Dulcimer Contest !

Please READ the rules and conditions below carefully before entering....

Make your GUESS for the number of pickled dulcimers in the giant pickle jar !!!

Please note that the picture above is merely symbolic - so it's no use at all trying to count the dulcimers in the picture.

I will give you a hint though- the answer is a random number I will pick that is more than 10 and less than 500. And it's perfectly ok if some people guess the same number. Before the contest begins, I will tell FOTMD member Bobby Ratliff the secret winning number , for safe keeping. ...and don't try bribing him for the answer! lol!

NOTE: Everyone gets to make just ONE guess at the number. Post your guess in this thread . Just ONE guess per member, and don't change your number guess after you make it please. On July 29th I will close the contest , tabulate the closest guesses, and announce the five winners.

Please place your guess by posting only your guessed number in a post here- don't bury your guess in the middle of a big chatty post or I may not see it when I scan the posts and tabulate the entries- make a separate post that consists of only your number guess.

IMPORTANT NOTE on Shipping costs: Shipping within the U.S. will be free to winners . If a winner is located outside of the U.S. they must agree to pay the shipping costs to mail their prizes to them. If you are not willing to pay for international shipping, please do not enter the contest.

5 chances to win a prize!

The top 5 winning guesses that are on or closest (higher OR lower)

to the secret winning number will receiv e prizes! Remember, the winning number is somewhere between 10 and 500. The 5 closest guesses win- higher, lower, or exact. In case of a TIE, I will flip a coin to determine the order of winning prizes.

The following prizes will awarded to the closest guesses:

FIRST PRIZE:

John & Karen Keane's new dulcimer CD "Moonburn":

PLUS! : Mark Gilston's dulcimer CD

"Grandad's Favorite Oldtime Music on Mtn Dulcimer"

PLUS! : A leather dulcimer key fob/keyring customized with your own initials, made for you by Bobby Ratliff:

SECOND PRIZE:

Nina Zanetti's dulcimer CD "Beside Still Waters":

PLUS! : A leather dulcimer key fob/keyring customized with your own initials, made for you by Bobby Ratliff:

THIRD PRIZE:

John & Karen Keane's new dulcimer CD "Moonburn":

Fourth and Fifth PRIZES:

A beautiful handcrafted leather dulcimer key fob/keyring customized with your own initials,

made just for you by Bobby Ratliff ! :

Thanks and much appreciation for our prize sponsors and donors!

Hey even if you don't win a prize, consider visiting the links below and treating yourself by buying yourself a prize anyway from our wonderful and talented contest supporters:

John & Karen Keane

Mark Gilston

Nina Zanetti

Bobby Ratliff

==========================================================

The contest is now CLOSED ...

CONGRATULATIONS to our FIVE lucky winners!!!!!!

FIRST PRIZE winner:

Gordon Hardy ! (his guess was 161) -will receive CDs "Moonburn" and "Grandad's Favorite Oldtime Music" and a custom leather dulcimer key fob!

SECOND PRIZE winner:

Mark Runge ! (his guess was 168) -will receive CD "Beside Still Waters" and a custom leather dulcimer key fob!

THIRD and FOURTH winners:

FolkFan & Geekling ! (who both guessed 169) -will, because of guessing the same number, each receive a CD "Moonburn" and a custom leather dulcimer key fob!

FIFTH PRIZE winner:

Gale A Barr ! (who guessed 175) -will receive a CUSTOM leather dulcimer key fob made for her by Bobby!

--
Site Owner

Those irritated by grain of sand best avoid beach.
-Strumelia proverb c.1990

updated by @strumelia: 08/01/23 03:23:49AM

/ 2