no notification for audio or video clips

Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
2 years ago
2,248 posts

Thank YOU Robin!  I didn't have to do much of anything- i just applied a new update. Looks like the both you and the developers spotted the bug independently, and they put out a fix for it yesterday. Solved!  

That was easy. catdance

--
Site Owner

Those irritated by grain of sand best avoid beach.
-Strumelia proverb c.1990
Robin Thompson
Robin Thompson
@robin-thompson
2 years ago
1,415 posts

Lisa, I got notifications for all your most recent responses-- yay!  Thank you!  

Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
2 years ago
2,248 posts

Hi Robin. Just as I was about to ask for some help on this, I saw that a bug fix was released for our Comment module concerning notifications. It seems quite possible that this will fix our problem, so I applied the update.

I just now made new comments on one each of your photos, audio clip, and videos.
Please let me know now (again) if you receive notifications today for these 3 new comments I made.
Again, thanks for your help in testing!

--
Site Owner

Robin Thompson
Robin Thompson
@robin-thompson
2 years ago
1,415 posts

Thanks, Strumelia!  

I realized I was not getting notifications, maybe, a couple weeks ago?  Yet thought it may be a temporary issue involved which would resolve.   

Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
2 years ago
2,248 posts

I received no notification for your comment on my photo, Robin.

Now that we have the issue narrowed down a little, we know it's a coding issue related to comments on media items, not a 'video' or 'audio' function issue specifically.
I'm going to see if I can get help locating the exact problem tomorrow. Usually this kind of thing is a matter of one of my custom modules needing updating in order to function correctly again with another module, like it used to.

Thank you so much Robin for noticing this, and for helping me test out where exactly this is happening (and not happening).
It's often hard to notice something that's missing, as opposed to some obvious problem that's immediately visible..

I'll respond back here when I find out more, hopefully tomorrow sometime.

--
Site Owner

Robin Thompson
Robin Thompson
@robin-thompson
2 years ago
1,415 posts

Done! 

Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
2 years ago
2,248 posts

Ok, can you please leave a comment on one of my photos now?

--
Site Owner

Robin Thompson
Robin Thompson
@robin-thompson
2 years ago
1,415 posts

I received notifications for the Group discussion, the Forum discussion, and this thread.  No notification for a comment on a photo.  

Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
2 years ago
2,248 posts

Before I try to get this fixed, I would like to test this on other types of 'item' that you created Robin...

I just left 'comments' on three more items you created: a photo, a Group discussion, and a Forum discussion.

Can you tell me which (if any) of my new comments generated a new notification for you?  Thanks!

--
Site Owner

Robin Thompson
Robin Thompson
@robin-thompson
2 years ago
1,415 posts

You're right, Strumelia-- I was notified about the "likes"! 

Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
2 years ago
2,248 posts

Robin- aside from not getting notified about 'comments'...

I just now 'liked' an audio and video of yours. Can you tell me if you get the usual private message notification for my two likes?  (i suspect you will get them for 'likes')

--
Site Owner

Robin Thompson
Robin Thompson
@robin-thompson
2 years ago
1,415 posts

Strumelia, I have left comment on one of your videos and one of your audio clips.  

I looked at my settings for notifications and all looks fine there.  

Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
2 years ago
2,248 posts

Anyone else having this issue, who used to get notifications and are no longer?

--
Site Owner

Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
2 years ago
2,248 posts

Robin, perhaps you can leave a comment on one of my audio clips and one of my videos, so i can see if I get the notifications? (my personal settings are set to send me an email upon such comments, as opposed to getting the notifications in a private message, so not sure how good this test will be.)

Have you double checked all your 'notification' settings to make sure they have not changed and are as you like them?

--
Site Owner

Robin Thompson
Robin Thompson
@robin-thompson
2 years ago
1,415 posts

Hey y'all--  

I've noticed I get no notifications for comments posted on my audio and video clips.  They've always shown up in my private messages yet in recent weeks, no notifications.  I'm wondering whether others are not getting notifications from audio or video, too?

Thanks!