Schneeman's bowed psaltery YouTube Channel

shawn wright
shawn wright
@shawn-wright
8 years ago
7 posts

Interesting.  Heard one at our Mt. Dulcimer group about 3 months ago and have been debating picking one up.

Lexie R Oakley
Lexie R Oakley
@lexie-r-oakley
9 years ago
229 posts

Very nice song Gregg, oh it is lovely that you give us a different instrument and sound.Smile.gif

Gregg Schneeman
Gregg Schneeman
@gregg-schneeman
9 years ago
27 posts

My latest Bowed Psaltery video, "Water is Wide"...

hope you folks like it.

Gregg Schneeman
Gregg Schneeman
@gregg-schneeman
9 years ago
27 posts

My YouTube channel's name is "Gregg E. Schneeman", surprisingly enough there are quite a few Greg Schneeman's and at least two Gregg E. Schneemans, one is a realtor in Minn. and the other is a rugby coach in NY state!

Geekling said:

Absolutely lovely, Gregg! By the way, this link will take people directly to your YouTube page: Psalteryman's YouTube channel . I subscribed!Grin.gif

Gregg Schneeman
Gregg Schneeman
@gregg-schneeman
9 years ago
27 posts

Hi Lexie- You can buy string in coils and then tie off the strings in a certain way but most people use ball end just like a Dulcimer, .010, .011, .012, and for the longest lowest strings sometimes .013, and wound get used for cello sized BP's. White strings on one side and black key strings on the other side but arranged like a harp with your high strings close to you and the low notes further away, however some people hold the the pointy end and play them backwards! A lot of Bp's come with letters or get letters put on them just on the white key side, they help find your way around and tuning. On a well built and taken care of Bowed Psaltery the strings last for years.

Lexie R Oakley said:

Yes Gregg I understand, the computer thing is why I posted the wrong one the first time.

I enjoy your bowed psaltry videos.

I have a question about the strings and setup of the psaltry; Are the strings piano wires?

Also, is the right side of the instrument like playing the white keys of the piano?

Then the left side when you are bowing it the black keys of the piano?

Thanks.....Lexie

Lexie R Oakley
Lexie R Oakley
@lexie-r-oakley
9 years ago
229 posts

Yes Gregg I understand, the computer thing is why I posted the wrong one the first time.

I enjoy your bowed psaltry videos.

I have a question about the strings and setup of the psaltry; Are the strings piano wires?

Also, is the right side of the instrument like playing the white keys of the piano?

Then the left side when you are bowing it the black keys of the piano?

Thanks.....Lexie

Gregg Schneeman
Gregg Schneeman
@gregg-schneeman
9 years ago
27 posts

Thank you for your help Lexie, I'm still very new to this whole computer thing, so much I don"t know how to do.Grin.gif

Lexie R Oakley
Lexie R Oakley
@lexie-r-oakley
9 years ago
229 posts

Here is the link to your you tube subscription Gregg;

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=greg+schneeman

It is very nice to listen too. Thanks for promoting such a fine instrument.

Gregg if you copy the URL to the LINK in top left corner in the bar just above where you write your message it should post.

Sorry I posted the prior link, but it is a beautiful song.Smile.gif

Lexie R Oakley
Lexie R Oakley
@lexie-r-oakley
9 years ago
229 posts

Maybe this will work.

Lexie R Oakley
Lexie R Oakley
@lexie-r-oakley
9 years ago
229 posts

Gregg, when I click on your link, it says video unavailable.

Gregg Schneeman
Gregg Schneeman
@gregg-schneeman
9 years ago
27 posts

I would just like to let folks know I am making more Bowed Psaltery videos on my YouTube channel: "Gregg E. Schneeman" with my latest being "The Primrose" by Martin Peerson. More subscriptions are encouraging.

updated by @gregg-schneeman: 06/11/15 07:43:23AM