Old Photos

Susie
Susie
@susie
5 years ago
500 posts
Salt Springs:

Susie: My relatives at a wedding in Northern Michigan in the 40's. My grandpa is holding the fiddle, which I now own and play. I never got to meet him, he died before I was born, in 1959. My great grandfather is next to him.

Good photo, let's hear that fiddle.............smiler

Put it this way, I'm no Charlie Daniels on the fiddle.
Salt Springs
Salt Springs
@salt-springs
5 years ago
207 posts

Susie: My relatives at a wedding in Northern Michigan in the 40's. My grandpa is holding the fiddle, which I now own and play. I never got to meet him, he died before I was born, in 1959. My great grandfather is next to him.

Good photo, let's hear that fiddle.............smiler

Salt Springs
Salt Springs
@salt-springs
5 years ago
207 posts

Couldn't figure out to get the photo in here.  Great-grandfather on a cattle drive from Texas to Kansas when he was a young man.  He lived to be 96 or 97, so it would be in about 1877

[/quote]

That's a great photo...............

updated by @salt-springs: 06/28/19 04:59:15PM
Susie
Susie
@susie
5 years ago
500 posts
My relatives at a wedding in Northern Michigan in the 40's. My grandpa is holding the fiddle, which I now own and play. I never got to meet him, he died before I was born, in 1959. My great grandfather is next to him.
Rob N Lackey
Rob N Lackey
@rob-n-lackey
5 years ago
422 posts

Couldn't figure out to get the photo in here.  Great-grandfather on a cattle drive from Texas to Kansas when he was a young man.  He lived to be 96 or 97, so it would be in about 1877

pdf
cowboy Ed.pdf  •  146KB

Salt Springs
Salt Springs
@salt-springs
5 years ago
207 posts

An interesting old photo of a zither player.   This photo is in an album that belonged to my great grandmother which eventually made its way to me after she died at 106.   This album contains lots of photos from the early 1900's including the maiden flights of several zeppelins taken in 1915.

However, I thought it might of interest to post this one of a field hospital during World War I depicting wounded  German Soldiers, Surgeons and Nurses.   My grandmother is the nurse on the left if I remember correctly............I remember her telling of many surgical procedures being done without anesthesia or adequate supplies.

WWI Zither 7.jpg

Charles Thomas
Charles Thomas
@charles-thomas
9 years ago
77 posts

Thanks Jan! That helps, I kind of figured the third one was old by the way they dressed. Here's another one, I think it was taken around 1916 when my Grandfather was posted in Columbus, New Mexico after Pancho Villa's raid. At first I thought they were railroad workers, but after a closer look I think they were miners. The photo was in bad shape so I tried to clean it up digitally .

updated by @charles-thomas: 12/18/15 09:29:48PM
Jan Potts
Jan Potts
@jan-potts
9 years ago
399 posts

Charles, the second photo looks to be from the mid 1920's to the 30's and the third photo looks like it was taken in the 1860's.  Don't know if that helps, any!

--
Jan Potts, Lexington, KY
Site Moderator

"Use what talents you possess; the woods would be very silent if no birds sang there except those that sang best." Henry Van Dyke
Bob Reinsel
Bob Reinsel
@bob-reinsel
9 years ago
80 posts

This is Robert Owen.  He was my great-grandmother's Uncle.  This photo was taken in Scotland.  Judging by his apparent age, I'm guessing in the 1870's or 80's.

--
Bob
Site Moderator

The greatest music is made for love, not for money -- Greg Lake
Charles Thomas
Charles Thomas
@charles-thomas
9 years ago
77 posts

Here are some more photos, I wish I knew more about them.

Charles Thomas
Charles Thomas
@charles-thomas
9 years ago
77 posts

Here is another one. 

old thomas photos027.jpg

Charles Thomas
Charles Thomas
@charles-thomas
9 years ago
77 posts

In this digital age I miss the shoe box of old photos. Do you have any to share?  

old thomas photos030.jpg

updated by @charles-thomas: 10/27/19 12:02:25PM