239 posts

Hey - I really liked that!!!!

Robin

Foggers
Foggers
@foggers
15 years ago
62 posts
We saw him in London a couple of years ago when he toured the UK. If you ever get the chance DO go.He has a phenomenal vocal talent and a joyous love of singing that is absolutely enchanting and infectious. He gets the audience to do all kinds of things with him, he had a community choir on stage for part of the show, with whom he had done a day's workshop. He was also joined by his son who did stunning beatboxing as a duet with his talented dad. It was a lifetime experience for us.This clip is great - it is interesting that he claims that this works ANYWHERE in the world.
folkfan
@folkfan
15 years ago
357 posts
It wasn't until he hit the third note that I heard a second note. The first two are just too close together for them to really register a difference. Perhaps if he'd use another sound than BAH the second BAH would have changed for me.
Flint Hill
Flint Hill
@flint-hill
15 years ago
62 posts
It knocked me right out.Putting aside the nature/nurture thing altogether, this piece is powerful evidence that music is somehow wired into our brains.
Flint Hill
Flint Hill
@flint-hill
15 years ago
62 posts
Bobby McFerrin shows, in a muscial experience conducted with a live audience, that the audience has an internal sense of a pentatonic scale after being taught only two notes of the scale.This isn't a lecture. It's a short, riveting musical performance that is relevant to diatonic performance and especially to melody-drone-style playing.

updated by @flint-hill: 01/13/19 05:09:18PM