Dulcimer U in Cullowee, NC this July - anyone going or have gone?

Lexie R Oakley
Lexie R Oakley
@lexie-r-oakley
8 years ago
229 posts

Jan happy that you and your husband can go to this event together.

Y'all have a great time, learn allot and have fun.

Jan Potts
Jan Potts
@jan-potts
8 years ago
400 posts

Info on Dulcimer U is now up--I've decided to go (I'll be in Nina Zanetti's morning class) and my husband, Craig, has surprised me by saying he wants to go, too.  He'll be in the dulcimer building class all day, but will attend some of the jams and all the concerts at night.

http://www.wcu.edu/engage/community-resources/conferences-and-community-classes/dulcimer-u/dulcimer-u-summer-week/index.asp

I've been several times, so if anyone has a question, just ask!  I'm looking forward to meeting some FOTMD members there!

Jan

--
Jan Potts, Lexington, KY
Site Moderator

"Use what talents you possess; the woods would be very silent if no birds sang there except those that sang best." Henry Van Dyke
Outlander-Barb
Outlander-Barb
@outlander
8 years ago
24 posts

What a nice surprise ..... will do.

Shawn McCurdy
Shawn McCurdy
@shawn-mccurdy
8 years ago
12 posts

You are welcome! If you have time, track me down so we can meet at the event.

Outlander-Barb
Outlander-Barb
@outlander
8 years ago
24 posts

Oh thanks so much Shawn. Between what you and Ken said, I'm anxious to see who's teaching, etc. Wish they'd get the details up on the web site ... :). Actually looking forward to driving thru Blue Ridge Mtns. & visiting the Scots/Irish settler museum I believe is on campus. Your thoughts are great and thank you so much. Barb

Shawn McCurdy
Shawn McCurdy
@shawn-mccurdy
8 years ago
12 posts

I highly recommend staying in the dorm. Most of the classes are in the same building, and there are a lot of things that go on outside of classes that you would not have access to if you stay offsite. It's the best run dulcimer event I've been to. Concerts are wonderful, all of them including the "intimate concerts" that you sign up for when you arrive.

Outlander-Barb
Outlander-Barb
@outlander
8 years ago
24 posts

This week long event is coming up & I wondered if anyone has gone who can suggest whether to stay at the university or at a nearby town? Haven't found anyone who can give suggestions based on experience. Janita Baker will be teaching all week and I've got one of her Blue Lions so I want to go. Any thoughts? Thanks ahead of time. Barb

updated by @outlander: 07/31/23 09:19:26PM