Ferrator
Ferrator
@ferrator
4 years ago
37 posts

Thank you very much @dulcimermaid , I will have a go at that! :)

dulcimermaid
@dulcimermaid
4 years ago
2 posts
If you haven’t found Dale yet, try contacting the Southern California Dulcimer Heritage Society or the Harvest Festival of Dulcimers The current president is a student of Cyntia’s and they may have current contact info. Cyntia founded the group and was the president for years. Good luck!
Ferrator
Ferrator
@ferrator
5 years ago
37 posts

I have to say, my dulcimer is a really sweet instrument. I didn't think it was all that rare. Thank you Dusty and Salt. Good advice! :)

Dusty Turtle
Dusty Turtle
@dusty
5 years ago
1,727 posts

I second the advice @Salt-Springs offers to contact @Guy-Babusek.  He plays Aeolus dulcimers and has probably been in contact Dale.

--
Dusty T., Northern California
Site Moderator

As a musician, you have to keep one foot back in the past and one foot forward into the future.
-- Dizzy Gillespie
Ferrator
Ferrator
@ferrator
5 years ago
37 posts

Excellent! Thank you for the tips :)

It has been close to 20 years since Dale and I saw one another. Too many things turned me away from keeping up with my playing, health being a big part of it. But I am back to my dulcimer now :) I am quite happy, but SO out of practice. I am pretty much a beginner again.

Salt Springs
Salt Springs
@salt-springs
5 years ago
207 posts

Yup, that's what I found out last night, so your way ahead of me.  You might Private Message Guy Babusek whose a member here and see if he has any other contact info.  I'll keep digging through some old stuff I have around here and see what I can do to help.  Guy uses those dulcimers on many of his video's.  I think you can catch up with guy at voice-lessons.com.

updated by @salt-springs: 12/28/19 02:19:02PM
Ferrator
Ferrator
@ferrator
5 years ago
37 posts

Yes, but the point of contact is with Cynthia Smith through Aeolus. She taught me to play and did the inlays on my dulcimer. But if I need work on the dulcimer I will be needing to talk to Dale.

Salt Springs
Salt Springs
@salt-springs
5 years ago
207 posts

You have tried the phone numbers and email on his website I presume.

Ferrator
Ferrator
@ferrator
5 years ago
37 posts

Yes I do. But trying to get hold of Dale is proving as easy as looking for teeth on a chicken. Mine was made in 1988 so it is "aging in and mellowing" very well.

Salt Springs
Salt Springs
@salt-springs
5 years ago
207 posts

Yes.............top of the line......you have one?

Ferrator
Ferrator
@ferrator
5 years ago
37 posts

Has anyone heard of Aeolus dulcimers made by Dale E. Foye?