Broken link in email

Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
2 months ago
2,255 posts

Dusty is correct on all this.

Traildad, you say you received an emailed notification for a topic you were following.
Then, you clicked the link in that email that says it will instantly UNsubscribe you from receiving all notifications. It's not broken, it worked as intended- your clicking on it did just as it claimed it would do- as shown in this screenshot I took just now of your current Notification settings:

Notifications  fotmd.com.png

As you can see, you are now unsubscribed from ALL site notifications. (because you clicked the link to make that happen)

If you wish to receive 'some' notifications again (when people comment on your items or your page, when someone posts a new post to a discussion you are following, etc) ...then please do as Dusty has suggested and go to your settings 'Notifications' tab/page and go through the selections of which notifications you'd like to start receiving again.

Contact us here if you have trouble or don't get the results you expect.  Thanks!

--
Site Owner

Those irritated by grain of sand best avoid beach.
-Strumelia proverb c.1990

updated by @strumelia: 02/28/24 08:01:17PM
Dusty Turtle
Dusty Turtle
@dusty
2 months ago
1,729 posts

Hey @traildad. Are you trying to unsubscribe or just notifying us that the link may be broken? (I think you have to already be logged in for that link to work. Otherwise, the site doesn't know who you are and can't direct you to the appropriate page.)

If you want to unsubscribe or change your notification settings, hover your cursor over your username in the upper, right-hand corner of the screen.  Choose "Account Settings" from the drop-down menu.  There are three screens from which to choose.  Pick "Notifications."  You can click "Disable All Notifications" at the top or go item by item to clarify whether and how you would like a notification sent for each item.

--
Dusty T., Northern California
Site Moderator

As a musician, you have to keep one foot back in the past and one foot forward into the future.
-- Dizzy Gillespie

updated by @dusty: 02/28/24 03:50:41PM
traildad
@traildad
2 months ago
89 posts

I received an email notification for a topic I'm watching. At the bottom there's a link to instantly unsubscribe from everything. I tried to click on the link but nothing happens. It might be a broken link.