NateBuildsToys
NateBuildsToys
@nate
one month ago
247 posts

Definitely sounds very mellow and guitar like. The shape looks very similar to the folkcraft resonator dulcimers. To my eye, it looks like they took the exact shape for the resonator dulcimer and installed a saddle rather than a cone. I personally like the tone and look of that style, though it's definitely a very modern look.

updated by @nate: 03/18/24 12:12:45AM
Susie
Susie
@susie
one month ago
500 posts

Yes, Richard has been posting youtube videos of the prototypes. This is the latest video, being played by Bing.

Lilley Pad
Lilley Pad
@lilley-pad
one month ago
11 posts

It looks like folkcraft is making a new dulcimer. To me it looks like a variation on the theme of a Gary Gallier design.  With the tapered fretboard, the bridge is floating for lack of a better word more like a guitar setup, and a wider body. Looks like they have omitted that little jog that Gary has on his instruments reminiscent of a violin. The few pictures that I've seen of Gary  playing his dulcimer for what I can tell  looks like Gary is  using that area for support.   His knee upper leg is wedged in there. Okay that's it from my end time to do the laundry