Dulcimer straps

Byron Kinnaman
Byron Kinnaman
@byron-kinnaman
12 years ago
9 posts

I found a nylon strap (guitar straps work) with leather ends. In order to get it on and off the buttons easily I had to work the leather with Lexol to get it soft enough to over the buttons easily.

john p
john p
@john-p
12 years ago
173 posts

We're a fairly indisciplined lot Babs and no one minds too much if it's directly related.

You won't need a luthier to fit a strap button, just a decent carpenter. You can buy a 'guitar strap button' online and all it needs is a hole drilled in the end of the tailstock to fit the screw.

The bootlace should be fine at the scroll end.

john

p.s. see you found your way to UK & European group Smile.gif

Dusty Turtle
Dusty Turtle
@dusty
12 years ago
1,729 posts

I have acouple of Sue Carpenter's nylon quick release adjustable straps. Scroll to the bottom of this link: http://www.suecarpenter.net/catalog.htm . Although you can leave the straps on and just undo the quick release, there is no reason you can't just pull the loop off the ends. Since I have more dulcimers than I do straps, I put them on and take them off all the time.

--
Dusty T., Northern California
Site Moderator

As a musician, you have to keep one foot back in the past and one foot forward into the future.
-- Dizzy Gillespie
sandra hehl
sandra hehl
@sandra-hehl
12 years ago
9 posts
I am looking for a dulcimer strap that is easily removed from the instrument.My dulcimer has strap buttons but the straps that I have attach to the button and then unsnap with a squeeze hook removing the strap but leaving the other portion still attached to the dulcimer. I don't want to have that part hitting the back side of the dulcimer but find it extremely difficult to get it off of the snap itself.Any suggestions?Thanks
updated by @sandra-hehl: 02/25/19 03:51:16AM