Dulcimers with internal pickups

Dusty Turtle
Dusty Turtle
@dusty
11 years ago
1,727 posts

Dennis, almost all luthiers will install a pickup if you request it. I have a MMD with an internal pickup and will probably have my Blue Lion retrofitted with one as well.

I don't think you should buy a dulcimer simply for the pickup. Find the dulcimer that most meats your needs or whose sound you prefer and have a pickup installed in it.

--
Dusty T., Northern California
Site Moderator

As a musician, you have to keep one foot back in the past and one foot forward into the future.
-- Dizzy Gillespie
Ken Longfield
Ken Longfield
@ken-longfield
11 years ago
1,084 posts

Dennis, Folkcraft makes many dulcimers with internal pickups. I really like the Folkroots line with the Fishman pickup. It has a built in preamp so you do not need one as is the case with piezo pickups. I like that you can adjust the volume right from the instrument once you have your amp set up. Check them out on the Folkcraft website.

Dennis Waldrop
Dennis Waldrop
@dennis-waldrop
11 years ago
16 posts

Can anyone suggest builders that include internal pickups in their dulcimers. I am looking for one that I can use when I perform in public and need to use with an amp. Right now I am looking at Modern Mountain Dulcimers but was wondering which other builders are internal pickups as well.

Thanks

Dennis

updated by @dennis-waldrop: 06/08/16 09:24:05PM