Conversation with John Crocker

Salt Springs
Salt Springs
@salt-springs
5 years ago
207 posts

That was a most enjoyable article/read.  Some our song writers might consider working on a tune called "John Henry".  He really is a treasure.  I hope someone will tell him how much many of us have enjoyed listening to him over the years.  I hope to hear him for many more too!

(It might sound crazy to a few folk, but I often think of many of the people who were with us over the years and have now gone on.......why not name tunes after them and there by remember their place in our dulcimer family.  You get the idea...

If set aside time to join in  "Play Music on the Porch Day", could we not also set aside one day a year to remember our friends with something similar?  Just a thought..........)

updated by @salt-springs: 09/07/19 09:49:16AM
Redmando
Redmando
@redmando
5 years ago
24 posts

Don Grundy: 86 and still playing. John is my idol. Thank you for the interview!!!

He seems a lovely fellow, @don-grundy. I have met his son, Paul, who I will be "conversing" with in a future blog, but not yet had the pleasure of meeting John.

Redmando
Redmando
@redmando
5 years ago
24 posts

Dan:

Our beloved John Henry, thank you for sharing!!!

You're very welcome @dan. It was great talking to him.

Don Grundy
Don Grundy
@don-grundy
5 years ago
188 posts
86 and still playing. John is my idol. Thank you for the interview!!!
Dan
Dan
@dan
5 years ago
185 posts

Our beloved John Henry, thank you for sharing!!!

Redmando
Redmando
@redmando
5 years ago
24 posts

This week's "Conversation" delves into the formation of the Nonsuch Dulcimer Club in the UK, with founder member John Crocker. He also tells me about his "found objects"!

https://mdconversations.blogspot.com/2019/09/5-john-crocker-from-bristol-uk.html

updated by @redmando: 10/27/19 12:02:25PM