4 years ago
247 posts

NateBuildsToys
NateBuildsToys
@nate
4 years ago
247 posts

IRENE:

Hey Nate, there are LOTS of dulcimer players in Oregon.  but then again, I don't know where you live.   yep, a didly bow is a very cool thing for sure.   I like your creativity and I hope you do keep experimenting.  This song was played very nicely.   thank you.   aloha, irene

Hello Irene! yes there are players across Oregon but where I currently live in southern oregon, they are sadly not culturally relevant like they were in Arkansas or Tennessee when I visited.. While some people here recognize mine right away, many younger folks here have never heard of them. Thank you for your kind words.

updated by @nate: 08/16/20 12:02:24PM
Steven Berger
Steven Berger
@steven-berger
4 years ago
143 posts

I like it! Any stringed instrument with resonator(s) attached gets my interest!yes

IRENE
IRENE
@irene
4 years ago
167 posts

Hey Nate, there are LOTS of dulcimer players in Oregon.  but then again, I don't know where you live.   yep, a didly bow is a very cool thing for sure.   I like your creativity and I hope you do keep experimenting.  This song was played very nicely.   thank you.   aloha, irene

NateBuildsToys
NateBuildsToys
@nate
4 years ago
247 posts
Bob Stephens:

I applaud your creativity.  I would never have thought of a concept like this.  Keep up the good work.  

Thank you bob! Id be lying if i said it was my own original idea. I have always had a fascination with the 'diddley bow' an american roots instrument which stretches one string over a medicine bottle played with a slide. Basically a 1 string lap steel, and given that here in oregon most folks have never seen a dulcimer they often assume it is a lap steel, so its been on my mind for a while. This model however still has some major flaws, for ny next one, the bottle will be suspended within the box not touching the bottom, which i believe will allow it to contribute more to the overall tone.
Bob Stephens
Bob Stephens
@bob-stephens
4 years ago
20 posts

I applaud your creativity.  I would never have thought of a concept like this.  Keep up the good work.  

Don Grundy
Don Grundy
@don-grundy
4 years ago
188 posts
Interesting sound; very nice!
NateBuildsToys
NateBuildsToys
@nate
4 years ago
247 posts

updated by @nate: 08/16/20 12:02:08PM