Texas-bound J. E. Thomas replica dulcimore

Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
3 years ago
2,254 posts

This is exciting! Steven I remember pix of that checkerboard TMB too. How great to have a choice of three historic repros to bring to events. You are indeed fortunate.  happydance

--
Site Owner

Those irritated by grain of sand best avoid beach.
-Strumelia proverb c.1990
Steven Berger
Steven Berger
@steven-berger
3 years ago
143 posts

Thanks, guys! This'll be my third dulcimore from John....his first Will Singleton, a Tennessee Music Box with checkerboard on the back, and this Thomas replica! dulcimer .....I like his historic reproductions!

Robin Thompson
Robin Thompson
@robin-thompson
3 years ago
1,428 posts

Wow, @steven-berger, lucky you!  John fashions those upside down hearts just right and I know it'll sound great.  

Ken Longfield
Ken Longfield
@ken-longfield
3 years ago
1,088 posts

Enjoy your new Thomas replica, Steven. I look forward to hearing a tune or two on it.

Ken

"The dulcimer sings a sweet song."

dulcinina
@dulcinina
3 years ago
87 posts

That's a beautiful dulcimer, John.  Steven, bring that baby the next time we can all gather in Berea. Nina

Steven Berger
Steven Berger
@steven-berger
3 years ago
143 posts

Thanks, John! It looks great....hopefully, it'll warm-up a bit by the time I get it!sun

Ballad Gal
Ballad Gal
@ballad-gal
3 years ago
34 posts

John, I'm sure the new owner will be as happy with this Thomas reproduction as I am with mine! sun

Ann

John C. Knopf
John C. Knopf
@john-c-knopf
3 years ago
389 posts

Strumelia:

Another beauty!

Thank you, Ma'am!

Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
3 years ago
2,254 posts

Another beauty!

--
Site Owner

Those irritated by grain of sand best avoid beach.
-Strumelia proverb c.1990
John C. Knopf
John C. Knopf
@john-c-knopf
3 years ago
389 posts

Yessir, this Thomas dulcimore is bound for the Cold Star State!  Ah...Lone Star State, sorry. Poplar and walnut with an antique black finish.  Looks 100 years old, but it's new. 

thosfront.jpg
thosfront.jpg  •  36KB

thosback.JPG
thosback.JPG  •  36KB