Englewood, Florida dulcimer players

kathleen
@kathleen
5 months ago
1 posts

::  Hi!  I’m in Deep Creek (Port Charlotte) and would be thrilled to have a year round dulcimer group!  Let me know.  granningk@hotmail.com. 🙃

jazzc
@jazzc
2 years ago
14 posts

Dusty Turtle:

You might consider joining the Florida Sunshine Dulcimer Group here and posting your question there.  The groups sometimes go dormant for a spell, but often it just takes one new person to drum up some activity and get things humming (or droning) again.

Thanks for the lead!  I've joined and will give it a try!

jazzc
@jazzc
2 years ago
14 posts

I'm a full time resident.  Will amend distance to include more people; thanks for the feedback.

Ken Hulme
Ken Hulme
@ken-hulme
2 years ago
2,126 posts

Are you a snowbird?  Or permanent resident? 

I'm in Fort Myers, but I don't play with that evening group.  
IIRC, the group that used to be in Englewood was a "snowbird" group like many others down here, which disbanded each spring when they went back north.  There are a couple players I know of in Venice, and I've heard of a couple in the Rotunda.  but with a 15 mile and daylight limitations you'll be lucky to find 1 or 2 players, I think.

Dusty Turtle
Dusty Turtle
@dusty
2 years ago
1,729 posts

You might consider joining the Florida Sunshine Dulcimer Group here and posting your question there.  The groups sometimes go dormant for a spell, but often it just takes one new person to drum up some activity and get things humming (or droning) again.

--
Dusty T., Northern California
Site Moderator

As a musician, you have to keep one foot back in the past and one foot forward into the future.
-- Dizzy Gillespie
jazzc
@jazzc
2 years ago
14 posts

I am looking for dulcimer players who live within 30 miles of Englewood, Fl., or those who are willing to travel to Englewood.  who would like to get a group together to play.  I am open to any day, and prefer to play during the daytime. There used to be a dulcimer group in Port Charlotte, Fl. which is just 15 miles from me. Unfortunately, the art center where they met closed.  I have access to a space that we can play in.  I know there is a group in Ft. Myers, but that's over an hour away and meets at night.  Thanks!

updated by @jazzc: 02/02/22 01:44:57PM