Aha! Experience with modes

Ken Hulme
Ken Hulme
@ken-hulme
2 years ago
2,123 posts

If you want a less conventional -- but entertaining as well as educational --  look at Modes, check out my essay called Uncontrite Modal Folker:

updated by @ken-hulme: 10/18/22 12:19:02PM
Alegre1
Alegre1
@alegre1
2 years ago
30 posts

Thank you for posting the link to the mode posts; I woke up the next morning thinking, “I should have provided a link to the first one!” I’ve bookmarked them sun

Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
2 years ago
2,252 posts

Hey, that's so nice of you to let me know how it helped you! Makes my day.  inlove

If anyone wants to check it out, here's a link:
https://dulcimer-noter-drone.blogspot.com/2010/09/few-of-my-posts-about-modes.html

--
Site Owner

Those irritated by grain of sand best avoid beach.
-Strumelia proverb c.1990
Alegre1
Alegre1
@alegre1
2 years ago
30 posts

Hi Strumelia, When I first heard there were these things called modes, I looked them up, but didn’t understand a thing, I spent the next two years periodically buying books, watching YouTube tutorials and reading online trying to understand the concept, to no avail. Then I came across a link you provided somewhere in FOTMD to your blog, and all I can do is scream THANK YOU!!! Your explanation is brilliant and simple at the same time. ( I definitely needed simple.) I am so happy that I found your posts.  If I had found them earlier it would have saved me hours and hours of wading through torturous explanations that I never understood. 

best regards, Linda