11 years ago
24 posts

Thanks Ken!

Ken Longfield
Ken Longfield
@ken-longfield
11 years ago
1,089 posts

Glad to hear about your experience sharing the mountain dulcimer at Grey Fox. Keep up the good work!

Scott Allen
Scott Allen
@scott-allen
11 years ago
24 posts

That is a a shame Jeni. There were some great acts and I may have a new favorite or two. My wife and I have loved the Carolina Chocolate Drops since we first heard them a few years ago. They stole the show at Grey Fox. New ones we really liked were Jim Gaudet, Betsie Ellis, and Della Mae. Of course, there were a lot of old favorites there too. Over 40 bands in all!

Scott Allen
Scott Allen
@scott-allen
11 years ago
24 posts

Thanks guys. John it really was pretty neat. We sat down and started playing like we had been playing together for years and the songs seemed to roll out quite nicely. It was kinda like Zen......

John Keane
John Keane
@john-keane
11 years ago
182 posts

That's neat when stuff like that happens!

Rob N Lackey
Rob N Lackey
@rob-n-lackey
11 years ago
420 posts

That's really great, Scott.

Scott Allen
Scott Allen
@scott-allen
11 years ago
24 posts

Just returned late Sunday night from the "Grey Fox Bluegrass Festival" up in the Catskills of New York. I had a ball and there were thousands attending and camping there. I think I was the only dulcimer player there! If there were others they didn't show themselves.... Anyhow, my wife and I camped beside a Canadian Bluegrass/Gospel group and they had never had any experience with a mountain dulcimer. Long story short, they asked me to sit in with them and we played several songs together. I even taught them a couple of Canadian fiddle tunes they didn't know about! Grin.gif They became very enamored with my dulcimer and several of them expressed interest in maybe acquiring one and using it in their music. Anyway, I had fun spreading the word and maybe made a few converts.

The official festival photographer took stills and videos of us playing and I'm hoping they post it on the festival website soon.

Scott

updated by @scott-allen: 04/13/18 12:32:40PM