Clemmer Ban-Jammer Serial #5075

Banjimer
Banjimer
@greg-gunner
6 years ago
141 posts

This is actually my second Clemmer Ban-Jammer.  I bought and sold the first one a few years back, and I have wanted another ever since.

I prefer fingerpicking the ban-jammer, as I'm not a fan of strumming across all the strings of banjo-type instruments.  So I guess you'd say I play in a single-string style (melody notes and fill notes).  The used instrument purchase included the DVD by Stephen Seifert that accompanies new ban-jammers purchased directly from Mike Clemmer.  I think Stephen's style is more flat-picking, so I may give that a try going forward.

Robin Thompson
Robin Thompson
@robin-thompson
6 years ago
1,429 posts

Have fun with the new-to-you Ban-Jammer, Greg!  Do you plan to play any particular style on it? 

I came by a used Dulcijo here at FOTMD almost a couple years ago yet haven't been able to spend much time with it.  The learning curve is a little bit steep since it is held like a banjo.  

Dusty Turtle
Dusty Turtle
@dusty
6 years ago
1,729 posts

Congrats on your new instrument, @greg-gunner!

--
Dusty T., Northern California
Site Moderator

As a musician, you have to keep one foot back in the past and one foot forward into the future.
-- Dizzy Gillespie
Banjimer
Banjimer
@greg-gunner
6 years ago
141 posts

Mike Clemmer just answered my question.  Ban-Jammer #5075 was made in 2006

Banjimer
Banjimer
@greg-gunner
6 years ago
141 posts

I just purchased a used Clemmer Ban-Jammer (Serial #5075) on E-Bay.  Is there any way to tell when the instrument was made?  Could 5075 possible mean May 7, 2005?  Or does the number just indicate the instruments position in the sequence of all Clemmer instruments?

I have tried contacting Mike Clemmer through the contact page on his website, but he doesn't seem to respond to messages sent through his website contact page.

Also in what year did Mike Clemmer start to make the Ban-Jammer?