3 years ago
9 posts

It's Mahogany.  I have a Facebook page, you can post it there

Recovering Baptist
Recovering Baptist
@recovering-baptist
3 years ago
8 posts

Thank you Howard for this information. I saw the dulcimer listed on FaceBook Market place and immediately contacted seller. She is the second owner - said that she purchased it from an older lady in Dallas. Since it is a pre-folkcraft Im meeting seller tomorrow morning to close the sale. She said that it is in like new condition with hard case. I haven’t seen the dulcimer yet in person. I know that it has a spruce top. The picture on FB did not show back or side, so I’m assuming either walnut, cherry or maybe mahogany. If you like, I will send pictures

Again, thank you so much for the info

Tom Campbell

Howard Rugg
Howard Rugg
@howard-rugg
3 years ago
9 posts

Hello Tom

Yes it's pre-Folkcraft.  Date of assembly, 11/3/ 1983

Recovering Baptist
Recovering Baptist
@recovering-baptist
3 years ago
8 posts

Thank you Dusty for the info.  I will follow up.  No problem moving my post to appropriate forum. 

Tom

Ken Hulme
Ken Hulme
@ken-hulme
3 years ago
2,111 posts

Like Dusty, I'm pretty sure that's a "real" FolkRoots Capritaurus, not a re-born Folkcraft.  Howard is easy to chat with...

Dusty Turtle
Dusty Turtle
@dusty
3 years ago
1,720 posts

Hi Tom,

First, I took the liberty of moving your question to the Forum on specific luthiers, since it seemed more appropriate.

Second, I would guess from the model and serial number that the instrument was pre-Folkcraft, but to be sure, why not contact @howard-rugg directly?  He is a member here and usually has very good records about the instruments made by Capritaurus and FolkRoots.

--
Dusty T., Northern California
Site Moderator

As a musician, you have to keep one foot back in the past and one foot forward into the future.
-- Dizzy Gillespie
Recovering Baptist
Recovering Baptist
@recovering-baptist
3 years ago
8 posts

Does anyone have any information regarding a FolkRoots D100S, serial number 193. I would like to know if it is pre-Folkcraft or not. 

thanks,

tom