2 months ago
11 posts

Price drop to 495.....free shipping

John Petry
John Petry
@john-petry
3 months ago
11 posts

20240123_160222.jpg @wildcat was asking about these....thought I would answer here for all to see.

Looking through the sound holes, you can see these running on the back seams. Under the repaired soundboard, you can feel them by reaching inside.

John Petry
John Petry
@john-petry
3 months ago
11 posts

repaircleats.jpg

Small cross grained, internal, glued in place "clamps" to keep a repaired split from re opening.

Wildcat
Wildcat
@wildcat
3 months ago
22 posts

@john-petry , please explain "cleats?" Thanks and thanks for sharing. 

Ken Longfield
Ken Longfield
@ken-longfield
3 months ago
1,090 posts

That's an interesting dulcimer. It is certainly a part of dulcimer history.

Ken

"The dulcimer sings a sweet song."

John Petry
John Petry
@john-petry
3 months ago
11 posts

One of only a few ever made (the other is in Bills shop). Early 70's Hand carved by the now Master builder as one of his first. The unique Double heart head stock, and the whimsical butterfly motif, combined with a deep and wide body, and FULLY Scalloped Fret board, Make a truly one of a kind instrument
  Repairs and cleats added through the years, all seams and joints are tight. Wood and tuners have a rich patina.
  The Fully Scalloped Finger Board lends to a light touch, creative playing, note bending, vibrato etc, and is probably best suited for an advanced player.
 Labeled with his Bicentennial Musical Instruments and name, Bill [now known as "The Dulcimer King"] would later go on to found the Mountain Made Music shop in Nashville. [Indiana].

595.00  Ships free

4b.jpg
4b.jpg  •  205KB

4c.jpg
4c.jpg  •  130KB

4e.jpg
4e.jpg  •  157KB

4f.jpg
4f.jpg  •  135KB

4g.jpg
4g.jpg  •  92KB

4h.jpg