Play ball!

Robin Thompson
@robin-thompson
5 years ago
872 posts

Take the ox off your Sox and you're a fan of the Reds. Grin.gif
Hey, I want the Yankees to lose, too.

Dusty Turtle said:

As a Red Sox fan since before I can remember, I am indeed routing for a team this year: whoever is playing the Yankees.

I know there are Yankees fans out there. But I guess some people wanted Goliath to beat David, too.

Actually, a lot of the games have been really exciting this year. And here in Northern Cal we had two teams in the run, with the As a genuine cinderella team with one of the lowest payrolls in baseball. My wife is a Giants fan, so our house is black and orange and not because of Halloween.

--
Robin T
one of the Moderators here :)
Keep a song in your heart!
Dusty Turtle
@dusty-turtle
5 years ago
891 posts

As a Red Sox fan since before I can remember, I am indeed routing for a team this year: whoever is playing the Yankees.

I know there are Yankees fans out there. But I guess some people wanted Goliath to beat David, too.

Actually, a lot of the games have been really exciting this year. And here in Northern Cal we had two teams in the run, with the As a genuine cinderella team with one of the lowest payrolls in baseball. My wife is a Giants fan, so our house is black and orange and not because of Halloween.

--
Dusty T., Northern California
Site Moderator

"A good song makes you laugh, it makes you cry, it makes you think."
-- Pete Seeger
Patty from Virginia
@patty-from-virginia
5 years ago
274 posts

Well the Nats snatched defeat out of the jaws of victory. Congratulations to the Cards. I'm sure you are happy SueSmile.gif

Jim Fawcett
@jim-fawcett
5 years ago
137 posts

That would have been the best casescenario. Oh well, maybe next year.

Robin Thompson said:

You know I wanted the Reds to win the division and the Pirates to win the wild card.

Jim Fawcett said:

Well, all I can say after 20 years of having a losing season with the Pirates, Let's go Nats!

--
Site Moderator
Robin Thompson
@robin-thompson
5 years ago
872 posts

You know I wanted the Reds to win the division and the Pirates to win the wild card.

Jim Fawcett said:

Well, all I can say after 20 years of having a losing season with the Pirates, Let's go Nats!

--
Robin T
Jim Fawcett
@jim-fawcett
5 years ago
137 posts

--
Site Moderator
Robin Thompson
@robin-thompson
5 years ago
872 posts

Patty, as a Reds' fan I've been pulling for the Nats to defeat the Cards!

Patty from Virginia said:

Robin, If the Washington Nationals win Friday night, I don't know what I'll do. I'll either get excited that our area finally has a winning team (been a long dry spell; although, hockey team has been okay) or I'll faint from the shock of it allGrin.gif

--
Robin T
Patty from Virginia
@patty-from-virginia
5 years ago
274 posts

Robin, If the Washington Nationals win Friday night, I don't know what I'll do. I'll either get excited that our area finally has a winning team (been a long dry spell; although, hockey team has been okay) or I'll faint from the shock of it allGrin.gif

Robin Thompson
@robin-thompson
5 years ago
872 posts

A most appropriate post, Carrie!

Carrie Barnes said:

Oh, somewhere in this favored land the sun is shining bright,
The band is playing somewhere, and somewhere hearts are light;
And somewhere men are laughing, and somewhere children shout,
But there is no joy in Mudville: Mighty Casey has struck out.

Leonard, this pretty much sums it up for me.................46.gif

Robin, smog?43.gif

--
Robin T
Robin Thompson
@robin-thompson
5 years ago
872 posts

For your dear wife's sake, Leonard, it is good to not watch games sometimes.

I watch no Reds' games-- we don't get cable tv and live in the boondocks where few channels can be got.

Leonard Griffin said:

Robin, if we could figure that out it would not hurt so bad. Like Carrie says we Texas Rangers fans have been disappointed again for the third time. I sometimes have had to not watch games for awhile, my wife says I get to hard to live with , and my blood pressure I am sure goes up!!

--
Robin T
Carrie Barnes
@carrie-barnes
5 years ago
125 posts

Oh, somewhere in this favored land the sun is shining bright,
The band is playing somewhere, and somewhere hearts are light;
And somewhere men are laughing, and somewhere children shout,
But there is no joy in Mudville: Mighty Casey has struck out.

Leonard, this pretty much sums it up for me.................46.gif

Robin, smog?43.gif

Leonard Griffin
@leonard-griffin
5 years ago
5 posts

Robin, if we could figure that out it would not hurt so bad. Like Carrie says we Texas Rangers fans have been disappointed again for the third time. I sometimes have had to not watch games for awhile, my wife says I get to hard to live with , and my blood pressure I am sure goes up!!

Robin Thompson
@robin-thompson
5 years ago
872 posts

Oh, Carrie!102.gif How in the world did the Reds win the first two games of the series in SF then lose 3 at home?106.gif

--
Robin T
Carrie Barnes
@carrie-barnes
5 years ago
125 posts

46.gif12.gif46.gifYou're breakin' my heart here, the Rangers blew it and are now out for the season!!! For those of you baseball fan's that still have a team in the running, best of luck!!!

Robin Thompson
@robin-thompson
5 years ago
872 posts

Anybody cheering 41.gif36.giffor a team in baseball's post-season?

Robin "Go, Reds!" Thompson5.gif

--
Robin T

updated by @robin-thompson: 06/11/15 07:32:50AM