How do I add my new photo or event etc...?

Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
2 weeks ago
1,842 posts

Paul, I figured out the issue. There were a couple of fields in your profile that you had not entered any info for. One of them was your 'biography' empty field, where members tell us a little about themselves if they like. When I went to add your new profile pic and then clicked to Save the changes, I too got the error message concerning the 'invalid' (empty) Biography field. When I typed in a single period in your blank Bio area, it then was ok to save profile changes. It didn't like that there were any fields still left blank, therefore it wouldn't save new changes until all fields had info entered.

Sorry i know that's not very intuitive. But that's how the software is set up to work. Changing it would be a bit of a project.
I hope you are ok now, and I'm sorry you had to go through that. Really I should have seen that error message using the word "biography" and i should have known from that what the issue was. I learned a long time ago that the wording of error messages can give me valuable clues as to what the issue is.
There was nothing wrong with your photo, and it's up now.
Thanks for your patience and i hope you enjoy it here!  catdance

--
Site Owner

Those irritated by grain of sand best avoid beach.
-Strumelia proverb c.1990
Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
2 weeks ago
1,842 posts

Paul send me the .jpg as an attachment, to: contact@fotmd.com and I will either see what the issue is and/or I'll just insert it for you as your profile image.

--
Site Owner

PaulPossinger
PaulPossinger
@paulpossinger
2 weeks ago
4 posts
We uploaded a jpg profile photo that is .8mg. We received a message that said: you have entered an invalid value for “profile biography”
Value must be printable characters with the following allowed HTML tags: span strong, em, a, b, u, I, p, div, br, img, h2, g3, h4, pre, hr, ul, ol, li,

None of this is making any sense. I am only updating my profile picture not anything else.

Please help,

Paul
Nathina
Nathina
@nathina
one month ago
113 posts

If she has an Imac she can airdrop it to the desktop or downloads.

Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
one month ago
1,842 posts

Paul, that "invalid image file" error message is likely meaning the image is not a jpg file. If file size were the issue it would say that.

Can you try uploading your profile image while you are on a laptop or desktop computer, rather than on your phone?  That might be a good test.

If you drag the image to your desktop you should be able to see the file extention (".jpg" or ".png" etc) and that would tell us what kind of file it is.

--
Site Owner

Nathina
Nathina
@nathina
one month ago
113 posts

Usually the photo from the Iphone is a .jpg unless you used the video button to take the picture then it is an .hvec which has to be converted to a .jpg. Send it to you computer and convert it using preview (apple imac) to a .jpg. 

PaulPossinger
PaulPossinger
@paulpossinger
one month ago
4 posts

I am loading a photo from my I-phone.. I do not know if it is jpg.  

I'm not very computer literate.  

Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
one month ago
1,842 posts

Paul, is the file a .jpg ?

--
Site Owner

PaulPossinger
PaulPossinger
@paulpossinger
one month ago
4 posts

Every time I try to load my profile picture, I get the following:  "Invalid image file--please upload a valid image file". 

The size of the picture is 0.8MB.   Understand that the maximum upload is 1.5MD so this is well below the maximum.

Thank you for your help.  

Paul Possinger

PS:  the system did not give a size option.

Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
10 months ago
1,842 posts

Hi Gayle,

to add your Profile page pic, click on the "profile" TAB in your settings, it will have the place to add the pic to your Profile page.  I see you've already successfully added your pic to your Account TAB in your settings, which is why your posts now show your custom pic.
In your Settings, there are several TABS: Profile, Account, and Notifications.  Please look in each of these tabs to set things the way you like.

I also see that you've successfully added a photo to your Photo gallery section.

The pdf message you shared shows that you either did not add anything in your "Profile/Biography" textbox on your profile page, OR that you tried to add something that is not allowed in the Bio box.  I do see that you've successfully added some simple text already in your Bio box, so that seems to be solved as well.

Please be very specific about exactly what you are trying to do and the steps you took to do it --the more specific you are in describing your problem, the more easily I can figure out what's going wrong for you.  nod

--
Site Owner

Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
4 years ago
1,842 posts

And to add a PHOTO to your own photo section/Galleries, you would follow the same procedure as above:

Go to your profile page.

Click on your Photos TAB there.

Click on the large PLUS sign+ button to add a new photo gallery.  If you just want to add a new photo to an existing gallery you created, you'd go to that gallery and add another photo from there.

--
Site Owner

Dusty Turtle
Dusty Turtle
@dusty-turtle
4 years ago
1,345 posts

Chuck, first remember that there is a difference between single-instructor events and larger festivals and gatherings.  To add an Event, you start from your home page and click on "Events."

Once you are on your Events page, you click the "+" sign to add a new event.

Then you will get to a screen where you can put in all the information for your event. When you are done, don't forget to click "Create Event."

--
Dusty T., Northern California
Site Moderator

As a musician, you have to keep one foot back in the past and one foot forward into the future.
-- Dizzy Gillespie

updated by @dusty-turtle: 05/10/16 06:29:12PM
Chuck Moseley
Chuck Moseley
@chuck-moseley
4 years ago
2 posts

Hi! Just wanted to get a new event on the "Festivals/Gatherings" page. How do I do that? Thanks!  :)

Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
5 years ago
1,842 posts

--
Site Owner

updated by @strumelia: 02/25/20 04:44:47PM