Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
7 years ago
2,248 posts

Hi Dulcidude,  let me try to explain what you are seeing...

1) to see the list of Groups that you are a member of, as Dan said hover over your link name at very top of site and you'll get a drop-down menu which can take you to "Groups I Belong To".

2) on FOTMD, almost all Groups have been created by the site owner (me).  Thus, if you go to my page and click that TAB called Groups, you'll see a large list of groups that I created.  If you go to most other members pages, you won't even see a TAB called groups becuase they didn't create any groups.

You DO however, still see the (empty) Groups TAB on your OWN page, and your list will be empty when you click it.  BUT other memebrs when they go to your page will NOT see a Groups TAB there at all.

So, if you are a regular member (not admin)... you will always see the Groups TAB on your page, but the list will be empty if you did not create (and therefore own) any groups.  You will NOT see a Groups Tab on other peopel's pages unless they have indeed created one or more Groups.  You will see the tab on Dusty Turtle's page, because he has created one or more groups...and on my page.  You will NOT see a Groups TAB on other people's pages if they have not created any groups (in turn, they will see the empty tab on their own pages, but not on yours)

Here I have logged in as a regular (test) member and this is what other regular members see when they're on your page:

tabs.jpg
tabs.jpg  •  274KB

--
Site Owner

Those irritated by grain of sand best avoid beach.
-Strumelia proverb c.1990

updated by @strumelia: 04/23/17 12:28:09PM
Dan Goad
Dan Goad
@dan-goad
7 years ago
155 posts

Double clicking the group on the "groups I belong to" page will take you to that group page.

Skip
Skip
@skip
7 years ago
359 posts

I think that's groups you've started.