Ken Longfield
Ken Longfield
@ken-longfield
10 years ago
1,088 posts

I usually keep a few picks in the watch pocket of my jeans and carry a pick in my wallet. I have a little zippered pouch that has a ring on it to carry keys. I attached a small carabiner through the ring and attach it a belt loop on my jeans, slacks or shorts. That works well enough for me and will hold a noter or two as well as picks.

Ken

"The dulcimer sings a sweet song."

Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
10 years ago
2,254 posts

OK - Golden rule No1: NEVER become attached to a favourite noter of pick because you will certainly break, loose or wear them out !

Warning: Do not apply this rule to spouses, partners, or sweethearts!

Love the pix, Robin...very descriptive!

--
Site Owner

Those irritated by grain of sand best avoid beach.
-Strumelia proverb c.1990
Robin Clark
Robin Clark
@robin-clark
10 years ago
239 posts

OK - Golden rule No1: NEVER become attached to a favourite noter of pick because you will certainly break, loose or wear them out ! You know its going to happen 109.gif

I used to keep my picks and noters with my keys or my glasses - but because I can never find my keys or glasses I could never everfind my picks or noters 102.gif

So now I have them stashed in totally random places all around the house, so when I'm looking for mygloves or hats I can find picks and noters instead and forget why I wanted to out in the first place and just pick up a dulcimer and play that (much to the chagrin of my better half Frown.gif )

But I do have the ultimate place to store my favourite picks and noters and I ALWAYS know exactly where they are Grin.gif I store my favourite quill picks here...

525_forums.jpg

...on the local Black Backed Gulls. 113.gif

And I store my favourite noters here....

527_forums.jpg?width=721 ...in the reed beds of our local river.

So now I never loose them 36.gif

(I do like the look of those little bags though and have a couple of those little ethnic purses from Nepal with picks and noters in them 3.gif )

Ken Longfield
Ken Longfield
@ken-longfield
10 years ago
1,088 posts

Very creative Maryann.

Ken

"The dulcimer sings a sweet song."

Rob N Lackey
Rob N Lackey
@rob-n-lackey
10 years ago
420 posts

I had a noter with a leather lanyard. I liked it because I could drop it and play with my fingers then swing it back up again. Unfortunately my dog thought it was a chew toy one night. I'm ordering another one this week LOL.