Dan Goad
Dan Goad
@dan-goad
10 years ago
155 posts

I have one of Ron's "Barbara Allen Model" teardrop and like Linda I love it. I have mine set up equaldistant for finger or flat picking.

Ben Ramage
Ben Ramage
@ben-ramage
12 years ago
10 posts

I have a 6 string from Ron. I found him helpful to deal with, the instrument is well made, looks good and plays well.

Dusty Turtle
Dusty Turtle
@dusty
12 years ago
1,719 posts

Helen, Rob Gibson was one of the people I first considered when I was buying my first dulcimer. In the end I went with someone more local because the idea of buying an instrument over the phone made me nervous. But since then I've heard a lot of great things about his dulcimers, and just a few weeks ago I found a used one at a local music store. I tuned it up and played it for a while. The sound box is a little bigger than most dulcimers, and that gave it a bit of extra volume. My guess is that it was the Jenny Lind model. The action was really nice and intonation exellent. As you say, it also looks really pretty. I was awfully tempted to buy it, but I just depleted my discretionary fund on a baritone dulcimer, so I had to leave this beauty behind.

His prices are reasonable and his instruments are of high quality. He also posts audio files of each dulcimer he makes, so you can tell what they sound like. I don't think you can go wrong with Ron Gibson.

--
Dusty T., Northern California
Site Moderator

As a musician, you have to keep one foot back in the past and one foot forward into the future.
-- Dizzy Gillespie
RavenMadd Garcia
RavenMadd Garcia
@ravenmadd-garcia
12 years ago
41 posts

I'm thinking bout selling some of my guitars ...just to get a better one....lol

Dana R. McCall
Dana R. McCall
@dana-r-mccall
12 years ago
168 posts

OH NO It's already started.LOL That's the thing about dulcimers, once you got one, you start lookiing for another, and another and another and another.......A friend of mine has a Ron Gibson and loves it. I've never played one so I don't know about the action but his sound good. Warren May make a pretty and a great sounding dulcimer, Modern mountain there are a lot out there. Well a few less since I started collecting.Grin.gif