Rod "Mo Dulcimer" Westerfield

Robin Thompson
Robin Thompson
@robin-thompson
10 years ago
1,429 posts
CD,Rod certainly lives in the hearts and minds of many here and at EverythingDulcimer. He was a treasure.
CD
CD
@cd
10 years ago
61 posts

I hope his page never disappears. It is a tribute to a great friend of the mountain dulcimer. I would do anything to keep his inspiration alive for our new members and young ones that have not heard of him. His compassion and love for teaching the dulcimer was as great as his love of the instrument.

Strumelia said:

Rod "Deputy Mo" Westerfield will always be missed and remembered.

Here is his FOTMD profile page, still up:

mountaindulcimer.ning.com/profile/RodWesterfield

While you are visiting his page, do have a listen to his sweet music player clips in the left hand column.

P.S. I was wondering just the other day about YOU, CD, and why we hadn't heard from you in a while. ;) Glad to see you post today.

Ken Longfield
Ken Longfield
@ken-longfield
10 years ago
1,089 posts

I never met Rod in person. We met online over at EveryThing Dulcimer.com. He was a welcoming presence and very encouraging of the new players. His death diminished our fellowship, but remembering him enriches us. Thanks for initiating this discussion CD.

Ken

"The dulcimer sings a sweet song."

Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
10 years ago
2,255 posts

Rod "Deputy Mo" Westerfield will always be missed and remembered.

Here is his FOTMD profile page, still up:

mountaindulcimer.ning.com/profile/RodWesterfield

While you are visiting his page, do have a listen to his sweet music player clips in the left hand column.

P.S. I was wondering just the other day about YOU, CD, and why we hadn't heard from you in a while. ;) Glad to see you post today.

--
Site Owner

Those irritated by grain of sand best avoid beach.
-Strumelia proverb c.1990
Robin Thompson
Robin Thompson
@robin-thompson
10 years ago
1,429 posts
CD, I'm thinking Rod is playing some of the Sacred Harp tunes he put together in the months before he died. . .And when we would have our online potlucks here at FOTMD, Rod could be counted on to bring Mountain Dew. :)
RIP, Deputy Mo.
CD
CD
@cd
10 years ago
61 posts

The recent death of Oscar Taveras got me to thinking about a lot of friends I have had that are now gone. One dear one came to mind and that was Mo. I have to wonder what kind of things that Mo is performing in Heaven today. He was a great friend of the mountain dulcimer, teacher, and contributor to this instrument. So in remembering him I was wondering if any of you have any special memories of him that you would care to share so the new ones here that never knew him might learn about this great comrade of the mountain dulcimer and this site. CD

updated by @cd: 06/11/15 07:42:05AM