Old-Time Central interview with Hunter Walker

Robin Thompson
Robin Thompson
@robin-thompson
5 years ago
1,415 posts

@Dan The young lady playing with Hunter is his sweetheart, Gray Buchanan.  

Dan
Dan
@dan
5 years ago
180 posts

Robin Thompson:

I greatly enjoyed this interview with my young friend Hunter Walker.  I think Hunter was thirteen or fourteen when we met in-person at the Vandalia Gathering in Charleston WV.  (First, we met online at Everything Dulcimer.) 

https://oldtime-central.com/hunter-walker-interview-and-tunes/?fbclid=IwAR14EmV-UdiLOUmVbW9iAbZeY3OHplP4u1noyl-wdja6yu0qQ-XCK3hWEb8

Can't find credit for the young lady with him?

Robin Thompson
Robin Thompson
@robin-thompson
5 years ago
1,415 posts

In my humble opinion, Hunter shines even more in a stringband setting and in support of other players-- he knows when to be in and when to not.  A young master, indeed.   

image.jpeg image.jpeg

Dusty Turtle
Dusty Turtle
@dusty
5 years ago
1,720 posts

Thanks for posting this, Robin. When I first discovered the dulcimer on YouTube about ten years ago, Hunter was already a child prodigy and I learned a lot from some of his videos.  He seems to have stopped posting the last few years, so I didn't know he was still playing old timey music and had added fine clawhammer banjo to his toolkit.

--
Dusty T., Northern California
Site Moderator

As a musician, you have to keep one foot back in the past and one foot forward into the future.
-- Dizzy Gillespie
dulcinina
@dulcinina
5 years ago
87 posts

Thanks for sharing this, Robin.  I listened to the interview and have subscribed to their newsletter.  There is a gathering in Berea,KY in October I hope to go to.  Great resource.  Nina

Don Grundy
Don Grundy
@don-grundy
5 years ago
188 posts
Thank you, for sharing this. I find accomplished musicians interesting.
Robin Thompson
Robin Thompson
@robin-thompson
5 years ago
1,415 posts

I greatly enjoyed this interview with my young friend Hunter Walker.  I think Hunter was thirteen or fourteen when we met in-person at the Vandalia Gathering in Charleston WV.  (First, we met online at Everything Dulcimer.) 

https://oldtime-central.com/hunter-walker-interview-and-tunes/?fbclid=IwAR14EmV-UdiLOUmVbW9iAbZeY3OHplP4u1noyl-wdja6yu0qQ-XCK3hWEb8

updated by @robin-thompson: 10/27/19 12:02:25PM