4 years ago
33 posts

I appreciate the info! Thanks.

John Gribble
John Gribble
@john-gribble
4 years ago
124 posts

Those inlay are pre-cut. I don't know where they came from originally (maybe Germany or Italy), but were sold in the US by Vitali Imports in Southern California. I imagine the owner either did the inly him- or herself, or had it done.

Gstringer
Gstringer
@gstringer
4 years ago
33 posts

Great to know. Thanks! Stay safe, my friend.

Howard Rugg
Howard Rugg
@howard-rugg
4 years ago
9 posts

Wow thank you    April the 3rd 1974 first one that day

Gstringer
Gstringer
@gstringer
4 years ago
33 posts

Gstringer:

And I’m a very proud owner! I have another Folk Roots I treasure as well. Thanks for the information. This one is D50, #43741

Gstringer
Gstringer
@gstringer
4 years ago
33 posts

And I’m a very proud owner! I have another Folk Roots I treasure as well. Thanks for the information.

Howard Rugg
Howard Rugg
@howard-rugg
4 years ago
9 posts

Yes Oct 26 1982  the second one made that day.  We did not put those inlays there.  Thanks for showing, It makes me proud!

Gstringer
Gstringer
@gstringer
4 years ago
33 posts

This is the label.

Gstringer
Gstringer
@gstringer
4 years ago
33 posts

The numbers on the label inside are: 

D50St

Howard Rugg
Howard Rugg
@howard-rugg
4 years ago
9 posts

Hi That looks like a D50ST, can you see a label inside?  If so , what  are the numbers?

Gstringer
Gstringer
@gstringer
4 years ago
33 posts

Thanks for that. I will contact him and ask if he did inlay. My best guess is “inlay decals” of abalone. They are flush with the wood.

Dusty Turtle
Dusty Turtle
@dusty
4 years ago
1,729 posts

@gstringer, is that inlay or decals?  Looks pretty cool either way.

If they are decals, anyone could have put them on.  If it's genuine inlay, you might contact @Howard-Rugg , who is a member here and who resurrected Capritaurus Dulcimers a couple of years ago. 

--
Dusty T., Northern California
Site Moderator

As a musician, you have to keep one foot back in the past and one foot forward into the future.
-- Dizzy Gillespie

updated by @dusty: 06/24/20 01:31:23PM
Gstringer
Gstringer
@gstringer
4 years ago
33 posts

Recently acquired a Folk Roots teardrop dulcimer. Can’t find any similar images on the internet. Anyone seen one of these with inlay/decals?