Dusty Turtle
Dusty Turtle
@dusty
2 years ago
1,720 posts

Nice to hear of such a satisfying ending to this story.

--
Dusty T., Northern California
Site Moderator

As a musician, you have to keep one foot back in the past and one foot forward into the future.
-- Dizzy Gillespie
Susie
Susie
@susie
2 years ago
500 posts

Awesome!

Robin Thompson
Robin Thompson
@robin-thompson
2 years ago
1,415 posts

@dulcimerjones , how nice!  

DulcimerJones
DulcimerJones
@dulcimerjones
2 years ago
21 posts

Thank you all for the replies & good ideas.  I finally called McSpadden's on a guess & they gave me the name and number of Walworth's & HE WAS THERE!  So helpful & nice, he took my info & sent me 6 of the pads for free & they came the next day-can't beat that!

Robin Thompson
Robin Thompson
@robin-thompson
2 years ago
1,415 posts

I second the idea of contacting Elderly for guidance.  

Richard Streib
Richard Streib
@richard-streib
2 years ago
231 posts

Hobby stores sometimes sell some neoprene material in small sheets. Buy  a piece of the thickness  you need, cut to fit and attach with super glue. Shoe repair stores many times have neoprene as well and may give you scrap they have that is too small for any repairs they do.

Susie
Susie
@susie
2 years ago
500 posts

Elderly Instruments in Lansing, MI was the first to start carrying them (when I got mine....I have two). They are made in Chelsea, MI, just south of me. Elderly has been my go-to store since 1974. They are very helpful. I would give Elderly a call and see if they can resolve this for you, by either getting you the dense rubber pieces you need, or getting you the contact information for the company. 

https://www.elderly.com/pages/contactus

updated by @susie: 10/14/22 01:25:49PM
Dusty Turtle
Dusty Turtle
@dusty
2 years ago
1,720 posts

I gather you are not talking about the part of the capo that presses down on the strings, but rather the parts that hold the capo tight on the dulcimer, correct?

It might not look too nice, but you could get those little felt pads that are made to put under furniture so they don't scratch hardwood floors.  They are sticky on one side and have a soft felt on the other.  They come in so many sizes and shapes, I'm sure you could find some that would work.  And they're not expensive.

--
Dusty T., Northern California
Site Moderator

As a musician, you have to keep one foot back in the past and one foot forward into the future.
-- Dizzy Gillespie
DulcimerJones
DulcimerJones
@dulcimerjones
2 years ago
21 posts

I have two brass Walworth capos that I love.  The problem is the little black hard rubber pieces that "squeeze" the fretboard are deteriorating.  I've tried contacting the manufacturer, but couldn't find a contact and none of the commercial instrument or accessories dealers sell repair parts...only the entire capo.  They are relatively expensive and since I already own two, I can't justify buying another one just to get the two little parts I need.

Anyone else have this problem or know of a good solution?

Thanks.