WANTED Looking for DVD "Hearts of the Dulcimer"

John Petry
John Petry
@john-petry
4 weeks ago
11 posts

Thanks for sharing the link!   I checked again today, and the live stream is still available...not live, but you know what I mean...

If any are interested in the documentary, it starts just after 1:26. 

Brings back so many memories....I still can't get over how everyone else seems to have aged...

Dusty Turtle
Dusty Turtle
@dusty
4 weeks ago
1,731 posts

@John-Petry, the 2024 Hindman Homecoming livestream on YouTube is streaming Hearts of the Mountain Dulcimer during their lunch hour.  I didn't catch it live, but it's still there.

--
Dusty T., Northern California
Site Moderator

As a musician, you have to keep one foot back in the past and one foot forward into the future.
-- Dizzy Gillespie
John Petry
John Petry
@john-petry
one month ago
11 posts

Alas....not only am I unable to get a copy......no one appreciates my sarcasm....

I will look into the library though, thanks for the tip!

Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
one month ago
2,257 posts

One could try sending a private message from FOTMD to both Wayne and Patricia:

https://fotmd.com/wayne-jiang
https://fotmd.com/patricia-delich

I do know that both of them did log into this site as recently as mid 2023, if that helps.

Another possibility is asking them if they would mind whether someone who bought the DVD made a copy of it to allow someone else to enjoy it... if they are no longer selling copies themselves.

--
Site Owner

Those irritated by grain of sand best avoid beach.
-Strumelia proverb c.1990
Dusty Turtle
Dusty Turtle
@dusty
one month ago
1,731 posts

For the record, John, I bought a legit copy from Patricia and Wayne when they had them available.  My student went on her own to the library to request it and was able to view a copy.  But what that means is that there are library copies floating around.  

--
Site Moderator

As a musician, you have to keep one foot back in the past and one foot forward into the future.
-- Dizzy Gillespie
John Petry
John Petry
@john-petry
one month ago
11 posts

OOh... That sounds a bit diabolical....getting your student to get you a copy from the library....then you won't give it back....

I think I'll see if one of my grand kiddos can check one out for me too...[grand pa can always "forget" where he put it]

I did reach out to them about re releasing, streaming, and distribution etc. Have not heard back as of yet. I do think,

and told them as much, that from my little corner of the world, it seems as if a new wave of interest in the dulcimer/dulcimore

is rising. Might be a good time for a new old movie...?

Dusty Turtle
Dusty Turtle
@dusty
one month ago
1,731 posts

Well I do have a copy of the DVD, but there is no way I will part with it. I'm sure you understand, John. 

One of my dulcimer students was able to request a copy from her local library.  It took a few weeks, but that interlibrary loan process still works, even in this digital age.

I wonder if we should encourage Wayne and Patricia to get a digital license for it so they can make it available on their site as a download.

--
Site Moderator

-- Dizzy Gillespie
John Petry
John Petry
@john-petry
one month ago
11 posts

Film was made by Patricia Delich and Wayne Jiang. A Documentary

I've seen trailers and information, but it seems it isn't anywhere to be found....Even the makers no longer have any copies.  Anybody???