Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
10 years ago
2,252 posts

Helen, I love to hear of all these musical adventures of yours! Wewant a little beginner sample vid of you playing a few simple tones on your didge.... soon! No need for perfection...we just want to see you starting out on it!

--
Site Owner

Those irritated by grain of sand best avoid beach.
-Strumelia proverb c.1990
Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
10 years ago
2,252 posts
Helen, I hope you will post a video for us when you can... Sounds like tons of fun!

--
Site Owner

Those irritated by grain of sand best avoid beach.
-Strumelia proverb c.1990
John Tose
John Tose
@john-tose
10 years ago
26 posts

Look on youtube - there are loads of videos of people playing didges while simultaneously playing other instruments. It looked to me fairly easy to make a stand to hold the didge in a comfortable position so you can just press your mouth to it when you want to play.

Hardest part of course is learning to play. It's easy enough to make it sound, and put rhythm into it too. But conquering the circular breathing is a nightmare. I've got to say I failed !

John Keane
John Keane
@john-keane
10 years ago
182 posts

Helen, that would be a tall order! I can see doing something with a foot, but given the clumsiness of holding a didgeridoo, I don't know how doing anything else with the hands would be manageable. There IS a travel didgeridoo made of a square block that could possibly be mounted to a stand...hmmmm... Grin.gif

John Henry
John Henry
@john-henry
10 years ago
258 posts

My mind is already working on some sort of a 'holder' which might allow the playing of your didge at the same time a dulcimer................... 39.gif Do you have a choice of 'keys' ? This is a truth; I used to play in a pub session wherea

guy often turned up with THREE, and they were all different !

look forward to you posting soon???

John

John Keane
John Keane
@john-keane
10 years ago
182 posts

That's great! I love my didgeridoos (or didgeridi?)! Grin.gif