Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
9 years ago
2,279 posts

And the best thing is- FOTMD is now in a much more secure and safe environment for the future!   No more renting from a cold uncaring marketing corporation Glam/Ning anymore.  Now we truly OWN our site here, and it's modern and mobile-friendly and more powerful and flexible for the future!  jive   dancecool hamster

p.s. plus I can add a gazillion smilies, whatever I like!   lolol

--
Site Owner

Those irritated by grain of sand best avoid beach.
-Strumelia proverb c.1990

updated by @strumelia: 06/18/15 04:47:25PM
Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
9 years ago
2,279 posts

Thank you so much for your kind comments, CD.  Good to see you've made it here to the New Frontier! 

Big thanks to our three generous Moderators - Dusty Turtle, Jim Fawcett, and Robin Thompson .... who helped all the way through these changes, and helped me test the site while under construction.  They also provided wise advice and strong shoulders to lean on when things were difficult.

And of course none of this 'building/moving to a new site' would have been bothered with at all if the entire FOTMD membership weren't so wonderful to begin with!  AND... special thanks to all the members of FOTMD who have donated generously- without whose contributions there would not have been the funding to do all this during the past year or so.  (and Patron members- I have not forgotten to work on getting your badges back, never fear!)

Group hug to us all!   grphug

--
Site Owner

Those irritated by grain of sand best avoid beach.
-Strumelia proverb c.1990

updated by @strumelia: 06/18/15 04:42:34PM
Lexie R Oakley
Lexie R Oakley
@lexie-r-oakley
9 years ago
229 posts

A HUGE Thank you to Strumelia, the Moderators and all involved in this Magical Site!HUG

I believe it is looking good and slowly getting the hang of it. I feel like when all get settlled and glitches are worked out it will be terrific.

I am thankful we have this site, it is great and more, the folks on it are what makes it so great.bigsmile

Ken Longfield
Ken Longfield
@ken-longfield
9 years ago
1,125 posts

I am extremely grateful for all the hard work Strumelia and others put in to making the move. I am sure that it has been an experience of mixed emotions and will continue for a while as various issues arise and get ironed out. To Strumelia, the moderators, and those who took part in the various tests of this site: THANK YOU!

Ken

"The dulcimer sings a sweet song."

Robin Thompson
Robin Thompson
@robin-thompson
9 years ago
1,445 posts

CD, I know Strumelia has spent countless hours over the past many months working for this much-needed move. . . I know I am grateful for all she's done!  

Back when Deputy Mo was Strumelia's right-hand man, the two of them worked together to be sure FOTMD was a friendly, welcoming place. . . Rod will never be forgotten

CD
CD
@cd
9 years ago
61 posts

A Big Thank You to all involved with updating this page.  It will take some getting used to and reestablishing your friends list and so forth will take some time but it will be worth it.

Thank You as well for keeping Mo with us.  I for one would have really missed his rememberance and inspiration.

Take care all and God Bless you all.

CD