Did you purchase one of these dulcimers in the 1970s?

Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
2 weeks ago
2,262 posts

Patricia, as per your wish, I'll lock this discussion.

--
Site Owner

Those irritated by grain of sand best avoid beach.
-Strumelia proverb c.1990
Patricia Delich
Patricia Delich
@patricia-delich
2 weeks ago
154 posts

Thanks Ken and Jerry. I actually already got what I needed a week ago, but thanks for sharing! I'd like to close (or delete) this discussion, but it seems that I don't have the rights to do that.

Ken Longfield
Ken Longfield
@ken-longfield
2 weeks ago
1,096 posts

I didn't buy any dulcimers in the 1970s but made my own. I do have many catalogs and price lists but not sure of the dates. There may be one or two from the 1970s and early 1980s. Of course, I have a lot old issues of DPN from that time with prices of some instruments. Let me know if you are interested in any of these. I can scan and send them to you.

Ken

"The dulcimer sings a sweet song."

Jerry Posner
Jerry Posner
@jerry-posner
2 weeks ago
9 posts

I did buy a Musical Traditions dulcimer from Hank Levin in 1970 or so.  The price might have been $125.  I also bought a no-name dulcimer around that year from the Music Inn in NYC for, I believe $60.

Patricia Delich
Patricia Delich
@patricia-delich
3 weeks ago
154 posts

We’re doing some research and looking for prices of dulcimers that were purchased in the 1970s. If you bought one of the following dulcimers:

Magic Mountain (or Shellnut Company)
Santa Monica Dulcimer Works
Music Traditions
Folkcraft
Black Mountain
McSpadden
Green River

Please let us know what you bought it for, a description of your dulcimer, and if you happen to have a catalog with your dulcimer with the price listed, we’d love to see it. We’d also love if you’d post a photo of your dulcimer.

Here's an example of a 1970s dulcimer catalog.

Thanks!
Patricia

catalog.jpg
catalog.jpg  •  325KB