Dave shattuck
Dave shattuck
@dave-shattuck
6 years ago
16 posts
Success. Your ideas worked. The slot was ever so slightly wide. Cut a very wee notch to grab the string. Worked perfect. Thanks.
Dave shattuck
Dave shattuck
@dave-shattuck
6 years ago
16 posts
Thanks
Ken Hulme
Ken Hulme
@ken-hulme
6 years ago
2,124 posts

Move the string back again to the other set of notches.  It may be that you just didn't have the string seated properly the first time.

Dave shattuck
Dave shattuck
@dave-shattuck
6 years ago
16 posts
It clears the frets. I’ll try your idea. Thx.
Salt Springs
Salt Springs
@salt-springs
6 years ago
207 posts

Dave, check the slot depth on the nut first and then the bridge..........you might try a slightly heavier string or do what I have done when the string is just twanging on a fret........put a small piece of a flat tooth pick under the nut, right under the the edge closest to the twanging string.........then try it........do you have and adjustable or moveable bridge? Sounds like the string is vibrating in the slot a bit too much to me.

updated by @salt-springs: 01/13/18 03:50:02PM
Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
6 years ago
2,253 posts

Hi Dave, you posted this thread in the For Sale forum, so I moved it here instead.

I hope someone will help you with your buzz issue!

--
Site Owner

Those irritated by grain of sand best avoid beach.
-Strumelia proverb c.1990
Dave shattuck
Dave shattuck
@dave-shattuck
6 years ago
16 posts

Help please. I play with three strings, leaving the outermost double melody string off. I just put new strings on it. When I start tuning the inside melody string, and once I reach the note C just below D, I get a twang/buzz sound from there right on up to the correct D note. Sounds so sour. When I move the same string to the outside notches the sound isn’t there, and rings true. Any ideas?

updated by @dave-shattuck: 10/27/19 12:02:25PM