Stand for Modern Mountain Dulcimer

Cheryl Johnson
Cheryl Johnson
@cheryl-johnson
11 years ago
43 posts

Very nice Paula! I'll look forward to hearing how you like it!

Dennis Waldrop
Dennis Waldrop
@dennis-waldrop
12 years ago
16 posts

Check with Lauri Cole who is a member on this forum. She has a wonderful guitar stand that fits any Mountain Dulcimer which should include the Modern Mountain Dulcimer. It is made mostly of wood and folds in or out depending on the size of the dulcimer that is being held. The price is pretty reasonable.

Dennis

Kristi Keller
Kristi Keller
@kristi-keller
12 years ago
84 posts

Cheryl,

The stand made by Doug Felts is my favorite and it fits my MMD,Rockwell, Simerman and other instruments. Adjusts easily and the stand can fit into a suitcase if you unscrew the pieces which keep a dulcimer from slipping sideways. Thistle Dew Acres is their farm in Ohio and Lee is called The Ohio Bag Lady. Their products are high quality and good value. My sister in law has one of Lee's first bags and it is still protecting her dulcimer. Her cats love it too....

dulcimerbaglady.com3.gif

Cheryl Johnson
Cheryl Johnson
@cheryl-johnson
12 years ago
43 posts

Thank you Sir!

Kristi Keller
Kristi Keller
@kristi-keller
12 years ago
84 posts

I have a Doug Felts dulcimer stand and it fits my MMD very well. Actually adjusts separately at top and bottom to fit every instruments I've ever tried.

Cheryl Johnson
Cheryl Johnson
@cheryl-johnson
12 years ago
43 posts

Thanks Mary!

Mary Z. Cox
Mary Z. Cox
@mary-z-cox
12 years ago
62 posts
Gary Sager at Prussia Valley builds a beautiful wooden stand-- adjustable and folds for travel. I love mine.Also, John Stockard makes a very sturdy adjustable metal stand. I've used mine for years and still works great :)Hope this helps,Mary Z Cox
Cheryl Johnson
Cheryl Johnson
@cheryl-johnson
12 years ago
43 posts

They are such nice folks. I enjoyed chatting with them at dulcimer U. Will email him this week and see.

Jan Potts
Jan Potts
@jan-potts
12 years ago
399 posts

I'm sure if you called or emailed him, he could tell you if your MMD would fit....

Cheryl Johnson said:

Thanks Jan....I forgot that Doug had stands. They look like they will hold a MMD.....I should have checked while I was at Dulcimer U and the Felts were there also but it never occurred to me....grrrrr. :)

--
Jan Potts, Lexington, KY
Site Moderator

"Use what talents you possess; the woods would be very silent if no birds sang there except those that sang best." Henry Van Dyke
Cheryl Johnson
Cheryl Johnson
@cheryl-johnson
12 years ago
43 posts

Thanks Jan....I forgot that Doug had stands. They look like they will hold a MMD.....I should have checked while I was at Dulcimer U and the Felts were there also but it never occurred to me....grrrrr. :)

Jan Potts
Jan Potts
@jan-potts
12 years ago
399 posts

I have a really nice one made by Doug Felts. I've been very happy with mine...it seems to adjust to all the sizes of dulcimers I own (but I don't have a MMD! Smile.gif Hope this helps!

http://www.dulcimerbaglady.com/woodendulcimerstand.htm

--
Jan Potts, Lexington, KY
Site Moderator

"Use what talents you possess; the woods would be very silent if no birds sang there except those that sang best." Henry Van Dyke
Phil Myers
Phil Myers
@phil-myers
12 years ago
28 posts

The stand is adjustable for width and depth-I think it would work for just about any guitar.

Cheryl Johnson
Cheryl Johnson
@cheryl-johnson
12 years ago
43 posts

Thanks Phil! Is that an electric guitar stand then?? My acoustic stands are wide so the dulcimer would slip through the arms. I'll have to do a bit more searching.......

Thanks again for the photos, I' have a much better idea of what I'm after now!!

Phil Myers
Phil Myers
@phil-myers
12 years ago
28 posts

Here's some pics:

Cheryl Johnson
Cheryl Johnson
@cheryl-johnson
12 years ago
43 posts

Thanks Phil. None of my guitar stands fit.......do you have a pic by chance?

CJ

Phil Myers
Phil Myers
@phil-myers
12 years ago
28 posts

Hey CJ, I use a guitar stand-the kind that doesn't have an upper part.It adjusts to fit any dulcimer or guitar. Our friend Dave-O uses guitar stands with the upper part but he modifys them to fit his MMD's (which he has many of)Smile.gif

Cheryl Johnson
Cheryl Johnson
@cheryl-johnson
12 years ago
43 posts

Hello,

Does anyone know who might build a stand that will fit a Modern Mountain Dulcimer?? I emailed David McKinney a couple times (maker of MMD) but he doesn't respond. I thought perhaps one of you who owns this instrument may have a stand that fits. My current stand holds every size except the MMD :(

Thanks!

updated by @cheryl-johnson: 08/01/23 07:03:18AM