"Musical Spring 2020" online calendar

Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
4 years ago
2,252 posts

Ariane's new Spring 2020 Calendar has been added as a new Event here on fotmd:

https://fotmd.com/ariane/event/240/musical-spring-calendar-2020

I'll lock this discussion now so as to encourage folks to continue comments on the event page itself. Thanks!    :)

--
Site Owner

Those irritated by grain of sand best avoid beach.
-Strumelia proverb c.1990
Gordon Hardy
Gordon Hardy
@gordon-hardy
4 years ago
28 posts

Thank you Robin and Mark and your windowsill bird for sharing this lovely Spring composition with us. Happy Easter!

Robin Thompson
Robin Thompson
@robin-thompson
4 years ago
1,425 posts

Thank you, Ariane, for this wonderful project!  And thank you, Alan and Dusty for your kind comment.  Playing music together is one of the favorite activities here at our house.  

Alan Thompson
Alan Thompson
@alan-thompson
4 years ago
6 posts

What a great start to this event well done Robin and Mark what a nice light and uplifting tune thank you both. Also thank you to Ariane for once again doing such a great job in putting  this together.

Dusty Turtle
Dusty Turtle
@dusty
4 years ago
1,727 posts

What a great way to start, with a smiling Robin and her bright and melodic dulcimer! You can even hear the birds chirping outside their open window.

--
Dusty T., Northern California
Site Moderator

As a musician, you have to keep one foot back in the past and one foot forward into the future.
-- Dizzy Gillespie

updated by @dusty: 04/12/20 10:24:23PM
Ariane
Ariane
@ariane
4 years ago
50 posts

Until the "Musical Spring 2020" online calendar will have been approved for the event sector I would like to post the link of the calendar here for you to open the first door today - please enjoy!

Happy Easter to all!

Just click on the link and open the first door:

https://tuerchen.com/bb53ac3a

Ariane
Ariane
@ariane
4 years ago
50 posts

Hi Robin,

yes, I heard of your fabulous idea - there will be fantastic acoustics!

But everywhere else your music will sound fantastic too! smile

Robin Thompson
Robin Thompson
@robin-thompson
4 years ago
1,425 posts

Ariane, Mark & I have been working on our tune and waiting on nicer/drier weather so we can go record at a cave not far from our home.  If weather doesn't cooperate, we'll make a recording someplace other than the cave and send it to you.  

Ariane
Ariane
@ariane
4 years ago
50 posts

Hi Dusty - no, it is not too late happys   - I will need the link of your "not listed" youtube video (or soundcloud link) beginning/mid of April at the latest.

I will send you a PM with my email address to where you can send the link.

I am looking forward to your music joyjoy

Dusty Turtle
Dusty Turtle
@dusty
4 years ago
1,727 posts

Ariane, is it too late to contribute a tune for the Musical Spring?  I've been really busy with work and other responsibilties but would still like to contribute if there is time and all your days aren't taken.

--
Site Moderator

As a musician, you have to keep one foot back in the past and one foot forward into the future.
-- Dizzy Gillespie
Ariane
Ariane
@ariane
4 years ago
50 posts

Thank you Cynthia, Gordon, Robin - I am happy that you like it...and Robin thank you in advance for your participation with your "guitar man" HUG

Ariane
Ariane
@ariane
4 years ago
50 posts

Oh Dusty - that would be great! smile

Dusty Turtle
Dusty Turtle
@dusty
4 years ago
1,727 posts

What a fine idea!

Let's see if the muse offers up a new tune . . . 

--
Site Moderator

-- Dizzy Gillespie
Robin Thompson
Robin Thompson
@robin-thompson
4 years ago
1,425 posts

Looking forward to this!  I marvel at your talents, Ariane.

Gordon Hardy
Gordon Hardy
@gordon-hardy
4 years ago
28 posts

This sounds like a real good idea, thanks Ariane!!

Cynthia Wigington
Cynthia Wigington
@cynthia-wigington
4 years ago
74 posts

Aw, this will bloom into so much joy for everyone and you! You're awesome.

Ariane
Ariane
@ariane
4 years ago
50 posts

NEW ONLINE PROJECT "MUSICAL SPRING 2020"
Since the "Musical Advent/Christmas" online calendar was so much joy and fun there is the idea of making a new online calendar project: "Musical Spring 2020"
Filled with preferably original compositions preferably on mountain or hammered dulcimer.
It is of course possible to participate with a recording of a public domain tune ideally having a kind of "spring theme" (flowers, warmth, blossoming, awakening, cycle, love, feelings etc.).
The recordings should be newly made - so to say recorded especially for this "Spring Calendar".
You will need to upload your recording as "not listed" on youtube or soundcloud and send me the link per private message.
(In case you do not have a youtube channel you can send me your audio file (best as mp3 file) per private message and I can upload it on to my youtube channel for you.)
The beginning and ending of this "Spring Calendar" is depending on how many musicians will participate.
Most probably the "Spring Calendar" will start on Easter Sunday (April 12, 2020) and will be posted in the dulcimer Facebook groups and dulcimer forums.
I make this post already now so that you will have enough time for creating your original composition.
And now...I am looking forward to all participants! 😊

updated by @ariane: 01/13/20 11:26:21AM