Robin Thompson
Robin Thompson
@robin-thompson
4 years ago
1,415 posts

@marg Thanks for the report!  I'm nowhere near a store that might have an E-Bow to try so it's nice to get your take on trying it out. 

marg
@marg
4 years ago
615 posts

I tried the e-Bow at a guitar center yesterday with a non-amp dulcimer. I'm thinking it needs to be amp so the

E-Bow reads the electric magnate field. I could hardly hear the sound. Would be nice to have a violin tune for playing some songs

Robin Thompson
Robin Thompson
@robin-thompson
4 years ago
1,415 posts

If anybody gives an E-Bow a go on a non-amplified instrument, I'd be interested in hearing about what you learn.  

Ken Hulme
Ken Hulme
@ken-hulme
4 years ago
2,111 posts

The ebow is an interesting concept, certainly.  From doing some digging, I see that it will work, however temperamentally, on non-amplified acoustic instruments but very quietly; with sufficient experimentation to find one or more 'sweet spots' where it works best. 

Don Grundy
Don Grundy
@don-grundy
4 years ago
188 posts
I feel an affinity for my dulcimers. I don’t play that well but I think we belong together.
marg
@marg
4 years ago
615 posts

Ever hear of an ebow, a bit more then half way through, Jerry Rockwell on the video. It's been around for years for guitars but i'm thinking of trying on a dulcimer.

What do you think?

Mountain Dulcimer: A Musical Possibility Box | Jerry Rockwell

it's a TED talk

updated by @marg: 01/22/20 09:40:04PM