Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
3 years ago
2,252 posts

I'm very happy Don!  hamster

--
Site Owner

Those irritated by grain of sand best avoid beach.
-Strumelia proverb c.1990
Don Smith
Don Smith
@don-smith
3 years ago
19 posts

Strumelia:

@don-smith , maybe the first, simplest beginner tunes from my noter/drone players Blog would help:

https://dulcimer-noter-drone.blogspot.com/2009/02/new-player.html

https://dulcimer-noter-drone.blogspot.com/2009/02/dulcimer-land.html

Wishing you and your wife all the best... howdy

Strumelia thank you so much i looked at the links you provided and I think they are going to be a tremendous help to me I book marked your blog and will use it to teach my wife

such helpful souls on this site i only wish some of the other forums would follow suit in some ways my journey learning to play mandolin and banjo may not have been quite as hard

updated by @don-smith: 07/05/21 08:12:30PM
Robin Thompson
Robin Thompson
@robin-thompson
3 years ago
1,425 posts

@don-smith I send all good wishes to your Robbin and to you!  

The links Strumelia provided, links to her noter/drone blog, can be of great help on yours and Robbin's mountain dulcimer journey.  

Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
3 years ago
2,252 posts

@don-smith , maybe the first, simplest beginner tunes from my noter/drone players Blog would help:

https://dulcimer-noter-drone.blogspot.com/2009/02/new-player.html

https://dulcimer-noter-drone.blogspot.com/2009/02/dulcimer-land.html

Wishing you and your wife all the best... howdy

--
Site Owner

updated by @strumelia: 07/05/21 07:37:00PM
Don Smith
Don Smith
@don-smith
3 years ago
19 posts

Thanks Robin its funny my wife's name is Robbin she was diagnosed with dementia in 2011 and we have been dealing with it ever since she was also hit by a hit and run driver in april 2019 which increased her dementia 10 fold it try to play her music every day on my mandolins or banjo just to keep her smiling I had never seen or heard a dulcimer before and something told me to read up on them while reading about them I thought that would be a great instrument to try to teach her and keep her mind working 

Robin Thompson
Robin Thompson
@robin-thompson
3 years ago
1,425 posts

@don-smith I lived with my folks for some years because my dad had dementia.  And sometimes, I just had a hard time thinking.  Still do.    

Don Smith
Don Smith
@don-smith
3 years ago
19 posts

Ken Hulme:

Rather than clicking a button, Don, why not take a few extra seconds to tell a poster what it is you like about their post.  That's one thing that frustrated the heck out of me on Facebook -- likes.  Tell me what you like!!confusey

well i could do that but sometimes i have a hard time expressing myself

Ken Hulme
Ken Hulme
@ken-hulme
3 years ago
2,123 posts

Rather than clicking a button, Don, why not take a few extra seconds to tell a poster what it is you like about their post.  That's one thing that frustrated the heck out of me on Facebook -- likes.  Tell me what you like!!confusey

Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
3 years ago
2,252 posts

Yes, it's a bit different, and certainly quite different than Facebook too. 

--
Site Owner

Don Smith
Don Smith
@don-smith
3 years ago
19 posts

ok thank you i did not realize you could only like a whole topic and not individual replies to a topic its a little different compared to other forums i visit than you

Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
3 years ago
2,252 posts

BTW you can 'like' a discussion or a photo or a video etc, but you cannot 'like' an individual post in a discussion.
Thus, you will see the green Thumbs Up button at the lower left corner of this discussion (to like the discussion), but you won't see a Like button on Skip's individual post, for example.

--
Site Owner

Skip
Skip
@skip
3 years ago
359 posts

Lower left corner of the post is a thumbs up icon.

Don Smith
Don Smith
@don-smith
3 years ago
19 posts

Can someone tell me how to like someones response or someone post I have serarched everwhere and I am just not seeing it and I do know there has to be a way to because i see things that say so and so liked something