"Appalachian Journey" with Alan Lomax (1991)

Dusty Turtle
Dusty Turtle
@dusty
10 years ago
1,726 posts

I'm a music geek. I own the DVD. Had I only known then that it would be available online for free. D'oh!

--
Dusty T., Northern California
Site Moderator

As a musician, you have to keep one foot back in the past and one foot forward into the future.
-- Dizzy Gillespie
joe sanguinette
joe sanguinette
@joe-sanguinette
10 years ago
73 posts

thanks a million jan for this wonderful collection of mtn music. i'll be busy

for a while with all the links on this site.

Brian G.
Brian G.
@brian-g
10 years ago
94 posts

Jan, thank you for posting this!

Lexie R Oakley
Lexie R Oakley
@lexie-r-oakley
10 years ago
229 posts

Thank you Jan it is interesting to learn about these people.

I would love to visit these areas and talk to folks, maybe in the future I would even be able to play a tune with them.

I have watch several of these fetures.

Jan Potts
Jan Potts
@jan-potts
10 years ago
399 posts

I'm sure there are lots of dulcimer players on here who have never seen this video on the people and music of Appalachia. Excellent sound and visual quality with sub-titles for those who might not be accustomed to the various accents. History, music-appreciation, instrument know-how, dance instruction, and the "heart for arts" that's in the blood of these people--all with a real "meet your neighbors" feel to it! You will, no doubt see folks on here you've either heard of or have had the pleasure to meet and hear in person (like Sheila Kay Barnhill Adams) Enjoy!

--
Jan Potts, Lexington, KY
Site Moderator

"Use what talents you possess; the woods would be very silent if no birds sang there except those that sang best." Henry Van Dyke

updated by @jan-potts: 06/11/15 07:42:11AM