FOTMD's 10th Birthday Pickled Dulcimer Contest!! (contest CLOSED)

hineps83
hineps83
@philip-s-hine
5 years ago
3 posts

Phil Myers
Phil Myers
@phil-myers
5 years ago
28 posts

Steven Berger
Steven Berger
@steven-berger
5 years ago
143 posts

Kusani
Kusani
@kusani
5 years ago
134 posts

Ken Hulme
Ken Hulme
@ken-hulme
5 years ago
2,126 posts

John Gribble
John Gribble
@john-gribble
5 years ago
124 posts

Silverstrings
Silverstrings
@silverstrings
5 years ago
54 posts

Susie
Susie
@susie
5 years ago
500 posts
Skip
Skip
@skip
5 years ago
359 posts

Larry Goodwin
Larry Goodwin
@larry-goodwin
5 years ago
1 posts

Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
5 years ago
2,255 posts

Entries now closed

===============

Guess the winning number!

Enter FOTMD's 10th Anniversary

Pickled Dulcimer CONTEST!!

party2   FOTMD is 10 years old!   party  

================================================================

It's hard to believe, but Friends of the Mountain Dulcimer site was born on July 29, 2009... a whole DECADE ago!!

In honor of the fast approaching day of FOTMD's 10 th anniversary , July 29 2019...

All members are invited to participate in

FOTMD's 10th birthday Pickled Dulcimer Contest !

Please READ the rules and conditions below carefully BEFORE entering....

Make your GUESS for the number of pickled dulcimers in the giant pickle jar !!!

--> Please note that the picture above is merely symbolic - so it's no use at all trying to count the dulcimers in the picture.

I will give you a hint though- the answer is a random number I will pick that is more than 10 and less than 500 . (thus, it could be any number from 11 to 499)  You can make only ONE guess. And it's perfectly ok if two or more people guess the same number, though that might produce tied winners. I've already told one non-participating FOTMD moderator the secret winning number , for safe keeping. ...and don't try bribing them for the answer! lol!

Everyone gets to make just ONE guess at the number. Post your guess in this thread . Just ONE guess per member, and don't change your number guess after you make it please. On August 1st, I will close the contest , tabulate the closest guesses, and announce the five winners.

Please place your guess by posting only your guessed number in a post here- don't bury your guess in the middle of a big chatty post or I may not see it when I scan the posts and tabulate the entries- make a separate post that consists of only your number guess...or else you run the danger of my not seeing your number at all.

IMPORTANT NOTE on Shipping costs: Shipping within the U.S. will be free to winners . If a winner is located outside of the U.S. they must agree to pay any shipping costs that wind up being over $5US to mail their prizes to them. If you are not willing to help pay for international shipping, please do not enter the contest.

FIVE chances to win a prize!

The top 5 winning guesses that are exactly on, or are closest (higher OR lower)

to the secret winning number will receiv e prizes! Remember, the winning number is somewhere between 11 and 499. The 5 closest guesses win- higher, lower, or exact. In case of a TIE for 4th or 5th place, I will flip a coin to determine the winner...OR in the case of a 2 item prize, I may split the two prizes between the tied winners.

==========================

The following prizes will awarded to the closest guesses:

FIRST PRIZE:

A $20 gift certificate towards any purchase on Larry Conger's dulcimer site !

conger.jpg

PLUS! : a genuine hand carved and painted 'mountain gal' LIMBERJACK! :

limberjack.jpg

===================================

SECOND PRIZE:

Dusty Turtle's new "Lullabies From Around the World" dulcimer tab book !:

lullabybook.jpg

PLUS! : a brand new CD of "Rehab Reunion"  ...Bruce Hornsby's album where he wrote every song on the mountain dulcimer!

hornsby.jpg

THIRD PRIZE:

Redwood Mountain Dulcimer All-Star Collection:

RedwoodCDMed.jpg

PLUS! Dusty Turtle's new   "Lullabies From Around the World"  dulcimer tab book !:

lullabybook.jpg

FOURTH PRIZE:

Jessica Comeau's lovely CD:  "Songs of the Earthly Pilgrimage:

Medieval and World Folk Music on the Appalachian Mountain Dulcimer"

ComeauCD.jpg

====================================

FIFTH PRIZE:

Steve Eulberg's CD: Whamdiddle dulcimer/fiddle tunes "Old School Old-Time"  

eulberg.jpg

(Hey Kids!-this great CD features FOTMD's unofficial 'theme song':

"Spider Bit The Baby"!)  bug babycrawl

====================================

GOOD LUCK! and many Thanks to our prize sponsors and donors!

Hey even if you don't win a prize, consider visiting the prize links above and treating yourself by buying yourself a prize anyway from one of the talented artists and contest helpers. Support your friendly dulcimer world friends!

flower Last but not least, Friends of the Mountain Dulcimer always welcomes and appreciates any amount of donation you care to make (we have site costs to pay every month, and FOTMD is run entirely on the kind donations of members).  Without you wonderful members over the years, FOTMD would not have made it to ten years old. To support and donate to FOTMD in honor of it's 10th birthday, please use the Main page PayPal donation button.  worthy

========================================

Let the guessing Begin!!... Contest will close and winners will be announced on August 1, 2019.

--
Site Owner

Those irritated by grain of sand best avoid beach.
-Strumelia proverb c.1990

updated by @strumelia: 03/20/20 08:59:07AM

/ 2