Harvest Festival of Dulcimers mini review

Guy Babusek
Guy Babusek
@guy-babusek
10 years ago
96 posts

Wish I could have made it, but I had to work! Cyntia told me it was a wonderful event (even without A/C in the concert hall... yikes!).

Dusty Turtle
Dusty Turtle
@dusty
10 years ago
1,727 posts

I'm sure you had a blast, Kristi, and how nice of Gregg to put you up. Maybe next year I'll be able to meet you down there.

I hear you have some weather coming your way, so stay dry!

--
Dusty T., Northern California
Site Moderator

As a musician, you have to keep one foot back in the past and one foot forward into the future.
-- Dizzy Gillespie
Ken Longfield
Ken Longfield
@ken-longfield
10 years ago
1,083 posts

Steph and Keith were looking forward to this event when I was out there this summer. Maybe next year I can plan a visit to my son's around this time. Glad you had a good time Kristi; and all of the others who attended I am sure had a good time as well.

Ken

"The dulcimer sings a sweet song."

Robin Thompson
Robin Thompson
@robin-thompson
10 years ago
1,425 posts
Kristi, the event and the company sound delightful! (That was a great photo of you & Stephanie!) Though I'm most grateful such measures were not needed, I believe Steph would have found a way to get to this year's fest no matter what. ;)
Gregg Schneeman
Gregg Schneeman
@gregg-schneeman
10 years ago
27 posts

Jeanie, her sister Jan, and I really enjoyed your visit and glad you got home safe, now don't drown in a desert in this weather you have coming at you!Grin.gif Grin.gif Grin.gif

Kristi Keller
Kristi Keller
@kristi-keller
10 years ago
84 posts

All I can say is WOW. The members and friends of Southern California Dulcimer Heritage know how to make people feel at home in a reunion atmosphere! This is no cattle call event and it felt like I was enjoying family I had not met before.

Held at a church, we all met in various classrooms and the sanctuary as well as under some shady trees. If I say the folk were welcoming that would be an understatement! If you appreciate learning in a peaceful environment - this was it.

There were too many workshops to list here on Saturday. Sunday offered mountain dulcimer with Janita Baker and hammered with Ruth and Steve Smith. Gregg Schneeman opened his house and mind so I was a very happy camper. Class size were small so instructors had time to answer questions and continued to do so throughout the day.

Geekling and Keith and I got together and she was happy to attend the event which eluded her last year due to health issues. Gutsy gal and fantastic partner.

Watch for this gathering next fall and attend.

Getting ready to have some major rain and flooding and my ark isn't ready....

updated by @kristi-keller: 06/11/15 07:41:55AM