follow up to my idea thread

Strumelia
Strumelia
@strumelia
9 years ago
2,253 posts

James, you are 'calling the tune', so please do it by starting a new thread for each tune in our "Call The Tune Group" located here for that very purpose: http://mountaindulcimer.ning.com/group/callthetune

This will keep the tune discussions organized and easy to find for folks in the future.

Thanks!

--
Site Owner

Those irritated by grain of sand best avoid beach.
-Strumelia proverb c.1990
Rob N Lackey
Rob N Lackey
@rob-n-lackey
9 years ago
420 posts

Shenandoah, eh? Good tune. Looking forward to it.

Lexie R Oakley
Lexie R Oakley
@lexie-r-oakley
9 years ago
229 posts

Hay Lynn, I have the same problem. I am just going to try to video from my camera and upload from the camera card.

I hope this works, but for now I am just playing and really enjoy it. It was great to hear everyone play their own unique style. Love this idea.

Lynn austin said:

I think it is a great idea. I can't figure out how to post but enjoyed listening to everyone's rendition of Amazing Grace.
Lexie R Oakley
Lexie R Oakley
@lexie-r-oakley
9 years ago
229 posts

This is a terrific idea James....we have too much fun.

I will try to get me setup to post and try to do the challenge song. It may not be my unique version, but my goal would be just to play it.

I really enjoyed all who posted "Amazing Grace", you all are so creative and made your MD sing sweetly.Grin.gif

Lynn austin
Lynn austin
@lynn-austin
9 years ago
19 posts
I think it is a great idea. I can't figure out how to post but enjoyed listening to everyone's rendition of Amazing Grace.
Noah Aikens
Noah Aikens
@noah-aikens
9 years ago
33 posts

that is a good idea

James Phillips
James Phillips
@james-phillips
9 years ago
87 posts

I want to thank everyone who decided to have a go on Amazing Grace. Well done!Grin.gif

As a follow up, I was asked, what's up for next month? A continuation of a once a month "challenge" seems like a good idea if it seems like a good idea for others. I'll throw a song out there for people to work on for the month to get ready for posting the first Sunday of the month. A song that came to my mind is the traditional O Shenandoah. I think it is one most folks know and can work on a version of for the coming month.

I'll make it a point to bump this thread up when we have a week to go.

Best,

updated by @james-phillips: 06/11/15 07:42:23AM