6 years ago
386 posts

That's great news, Richard!

Richard Streib
Richard Streib
@richard-streib
6 years ago
231 posts

The student dulcimer has found a home. Thanks everyone.

Ken Hulme
Ken Hulme
@ken-hulme
6 years ago
2,113 posts

Passing Forward.  Good on ya!

Dusty Turtle
Dusty Turtle
@dusty
6 years ago
1,719 posts

Very generous.  The dulcimer community is just wonderful, isn't it?

--
Dusty T., Northern California
Site Moderator

As a musician, you have to keep one foot back in the past and one foot forward into the future.
-- Dizzy Gillespie
Mill Branch Dulcimores
Mill Branch Dulcimores
@mill-branch-dulcimores
6 years ago
22 posts

That is awesome! Hope you find it a great home!

Ken Longfield
Ken Longfield
@ken-longfield
6 years ago
1,071 posts

Richard, that is very generous of her and you. I'm currently working on refurbishing a kit built dulcimer for a friend of mine to give to one of her students. She is always looking for instruments to get children from our area started on the mountain dulcimer. Someone will have a fun time getting started with the Apple Creek.

Ken

"The dulcimer sings a sweet song."

Richard Streib
Richard Streib
@richard-streib
6 years ago
231 posts

The widow of my best friend has asked me to help dispose of her late husband's student dulcimer. It will be a gift to someone (child or adult) who wants to learn to play but who does not have and cannot afford a dulcimer to start out on. The dulcimer has been played very little and looks new. It comes with a padded soft case and I will cover shipping cost for a needy learner within the 48 continental states. It is an Apple Creek ACD100 tear drop shaped model with 24.25", VSL just right for a smaller handed person or one whose hand has limited mobility.

I would like to suggest that the recipient learn to play the dulcimer and when they no longer need this instrument that they would consider passing it on to another needy learner.

Thanks for reading this.

updated by @richard-streib: 10/27/19 12:02:25PM